BY JOHN LASSETER

Life is no picnic for the ants on Ant Island! Each summer a gang of greedy grasshoppers - led by the menacing and manipulative Hopper (Kevin Spacey) - descends upon the colony to demand a hefty portion of the ants' hard-earned harvest and generally make life miserable for this peaceful community. Our hero Flik (Dave Foley), an original thinker out of step with the rest of the more traditionally-minded colony, takes it upon himself to get outside help and mistakenly enlists an unemployed troupe of bug performers from a second-rate flea circus to join the fight against the grasshoppers. Working together in their new-found friendship, the ants and the circus bugs prepare for a climactic confrontation with the grasshoppers. When Flik's plan starts to unravel, the action and comedy turns fast and furious as he attempts to save the colony and his reputation.

A Bug's Life
  • "This is a really cute movie, not Disney's best but it's fun to watch and will make you laugh." in 12 reviews
  • "One of my all time favorite movies as a kid and still is!" in 6 reviews
Heather M.
Love this movie! This movie is so cute, my daughter absolutely loves it. In this day and age where many children's movies are violent and have adult humor this one is definitely a win. Also this movie has such a good storyline and kids learn an important lesson while also being entertained. Definitely kid tested, mother approved.
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is a classic Disney movie.  It makes me sad to see all the originals get pushed aside.  I think this Disney movie is very underestimated.  This was one of my favorites growing up and I cannot wait to share it with my kids one day!  It is a cute story line!  I would recommend this movie to anyone.
Georgette H.
Kihei, HI
Such a great 👍 movie 🎥 loved everything about the one I love all there movies it's always full of colors and I love the story line. Can't wait to go to Disney and go on this ride I'm sure I will love it just as much as the movie
Tayler H.
Richardson, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I am actually watching this for the 30th time right now! I forgot how cute and what a classic movie it is! It's so perfect for kids and has a great moral story. I don't think it's as clever or well done as other Disney/Pixar stories but it still is excellent! It reminds me of Toy Story a bit!
MaryCaroline G.
Charlotte, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
One of the very first (perhaps the first) Disney Pixar animation! This film is definitely geared towards the entire family, and not just the children watching it. The animation was very advanced for when it was released.Highly Recommend for family!!
Renee U.
Revere, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I was so obsessed with this when it came out! I made my mother buy it and would watch it back to back!

The story is so good and I think the fact it wasn't the usually cute animals you see in animation made me even more drawn to it.

sam b.
An underrated Disney movie in my opinion. I loved this movie as a kid. Flik is hilarious and I love the circus crew he meets. Enjoyable for kids of all ages but funny for adults as well. Not a Disney classic but a must watch.
Danielle W.
Portsmouth, OH
This is the perfects kids movie! There's an underlying positive message about bullying and being fair and everyone getting treated the same. It has good visuals and is perfect for parents and kids to watch together.
Marta G.
One of my all time favorite movies as a kid and still is! I can still watch it and not get bored. I love that I can share a movie like with with my nephew that shows him about different bugs and just the story line about having so much imagination and drive for something. It's a really nice movie.
Pader V.
Saint Paul, MN
Great movie, ants are finally standing up to the flies and refusing to continue to harvest seeds for them. In doing so they face the possibility of being wiped out thus a journey to find saviors ensues and circus insects are brought in to assist them in their fight against the flies.
Sheila R.
Sioux Falls, SD
What is your favorite Disney movie?
casey b.
rothwell
Can eny recommend a place to vet this on DVD????
Cindy D.
What do your kids think of this movie?
Tracie S.
What year did Bug's Life come out?
Merrie N.
Vancouver, WA
Will they ever bring out a bugs life 2 with all the sequels they are doing now?