Add a Photo

By 99 RANCH MARKET
Devon W.
Devon W.
San Diego, CA

I really like 99 ranch, since it's such a culture shock and there's so much that I can only find there - rabbit, goose, and plenty of other Asain products and produce. But whenever I go there it feels like a really big cafeteria, and it's hard for me to get that weird feeling to go away. Love that they have such a wide selection of fish that they custom cut for you, as well as various foods prepared hot.
Caitlin L.
Caitlin L.
San Francisco, CA

My first trip to 99 Ranch Market was a failure because I got overwhelmed and had to leave. I went again with a friend who is Chinese and she helped me make sense of everything. I will say their selection is great and prices are reasonable too. Awesome selection for fish and other seafood compared to regular grocery store. Also stock up on your asian sauces and spices.
Thomaria D.
Thomaria D.
San Diego, CA

I would rather go to Zion Market or H Mart. There never seems to be enough carts or baskets, which forces me to carry everything. It's pretty small and crowded, but I oftent find great deals. I've eaten at one of the restaurants inside, the one that's more like an authentic Panda Express. The service I received was terrible, the food was alright for the price.
Golzaar M.
Golzaar M.
Santa Cruz, CA

It's a great place for fulfilling cravings for Asian snacks and home-y flavors. You can get almost any "exotic" ingredient you need without paying for a lot of the shipping costs and low supply in areas with low Asian demographics. Loss of one star is due to how some items may not be shelved in most logical place as well as questionable storage of some seafood.
Sheila R.
Sheila R.
La Mesa, CA

Love going to Asian markets/stores and I used to go here all the time as a kid. Very good selection of cultural foods and products. The baked goods are so amazing. They'd have not only interesting foods but mini shops like jewelry, food stores, or nifty Asian toys and other items. It could be cleaner but maybe that would take away from the feel of the market.
Christina B.
Christina B.

I actually enjoy this store. I used to live down the street from it so it was pretty convenient going to this place expecially with my mom. I'm half filipino and I love their food there too. And the little place for boba on a hot day is great. I had no problems with the staff. Only downside about this... I wish there was one closer to where I live now.... :)
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Benicia, CA

I don't mind shopping here for produce or meats, pretty cheap compared to other grocery stores. Otherwise things are overly priced, definitely have to know what to look for here. The closest location to me always closes early, if it's 30 to closing they are already rushing people out and turning the lights off. They are really rude about it too.
Adeena H.
Adeena H.
Lake Forest, CA

This is such a fun place to walk around. So many different types of food that I can't get in other stores. Their sweets are unique and everything is always delicious. Their meat section is interesting with different pork products (pig ears for example). I don't eat that, but it's a nice variety for those that do.
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Kent, WA

I was bummed to have moved away from 99 Ranch Markets, because they were always a reliable source for ethnic foods. If you're adventurous and enjoy trying new things, this is a great grocery store to frequent. It wasn't the only I hit, but I shopped here once a month, every month, for Thai and Philipino goodies.
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Fremont, CA

I'm lucky to live right next to a 99 ranch. they have cheap veggies including exotic fruits and veggies and spices you don't normally find at other locations. I'm part Asian also, so this is where I shop for Asian groceries and snacks and cuts of meat that are usually not found at lucky's or safeway.
Ksheng X.
Ksheng X.
Gravette, AR

Where is this place located at?
Maria C.
Maria C.

Do any of you ever just find yourself browsing for more then just an hour?
Sandra G.
Sandra G.
Birmingham, AL

Has anyone ordered from them online? We moved to a state where 99 Ranch Market has no locations, and I'm thinking about placing an order. Wondered what others' experiences have been. Thanks!
Nancy H.
Nancy H.

It's a Taiwanese market that sells food and snacks. On sale days, there are great snacks for cheap.

Join Now