BY ORIJEN

6 Fish Orijen Food
  • "My pup loves this food but unfortunately it is very pricey and as quickly as she goes through food (she is a big dog) it was just too much we ended up switch and trying several others and now she eats Merrick grain free" in 7 reviews
  • "on the search for a food for my "allergic to everything pitbull" lol i tried this food because of the high quality ingredients." in 6 reviews
  • "This dog food does cost more, but I feed him less of it because it is so nutritionally dense, and my dog's health has clearly improved." in 5 reviews
  • "Received a sample of this for my large breed dog from my local pet store, although the food is quite stinky- it is great!!!!" in 3 reviews
wynston h.
My dog goes wild for this food. He’s eaten Orijen since he was a puppy. I love that the ingredients aren’t filled with fillers and that it’s protein-packed. The food is expensive, but worth it. Since my dog is small, the portions he eats are smaller. A bag of this food lasts a long time.
Kirsten D.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Started my French Bulldog on this and his itching has slowly decreased. He was eating grain free turkey and potato prior, and got chronic ear infections and itched a lot. It was hard finding a food without any poultry or potatoes in it, since one or both of those ingredients may have caused the allergy. We first tried Zignature but it gave him a stomach ache and wanting to eat grass. Then we tried this, slowly transitioning him to this food of course and he never had any issues on it. He is actually pooping less. I very rarely see him scratch now and no more ear infection.
Alyssa S.
Kalamazoo, MI
I began feeding all three of my dogs Orijen in May of 2017, shortly after my oldest dog Kramer, a 4-year-old American Bulldog/Pit mix, was diagnosed with lymphoma. Being so young and receiving this diagnosis was so completely devastating. We decided to pursue chemotherapy treatment in order to give Kramer the best possible chance of beating cancer, even if it meant that we would only buy him and us a few more months. Kramer had always had digestive issues and a sensitive stomach, so I knew that feeding him the best quality kibble (along with other fresh food) was extremely important.

We put our sweet boy at peace just one month ago, and while my heart is still broken and we are devastated, I know that feeding him Orijen contributed to the unbelievably resilient, strong and otherwise healthy dog that we had for the last 9 months. Kramer went into remission in June and lived his absolute best life in his last few months, despite going through 26 weeks of chemo. After we switched his food to Orijen 6 Fish, his gas completely disappeared, his other digestive issues were nonexistent too. Everybody that saw him could not believe that he was sick, because he was truly thriving.

Despite losing Kramer to lymphoma, we have continued to feed our other two dogs Orijen's 6 Fish. On top of the quality and freshness of the ingredients, I fell more in love with the company after they decided to pull their products from Chewy when they were bought by PetSmart. I love what Orijen stands for. I love that no matter where I go to buy their food the price remains the same. It is definitely an expensive food to feed our dogs, considering they're both 70lbs. However, our dogs eat less quantities of this food because there are no unnecessary fillers. Below is a photo of Kramer in the midst of his chemo treatment.
Autumn D.
Anderson
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dogs are picky eaters and have sensitive stomachs, since I started feeding them Otijen 6 fish it's so much easier to get them to eat and they don't get tummy issues anymore!
Steph P.
Saint Louis, MO
Our pug-mix LOVES this food. When we went grain free, we totally underestimated how much it would help our dog. Switching from a mainstream kibble to this changed our dog's health completely. She is no longer bloated, she doesn't chew at her feet, and her allergies overall are better. She seems to love the taste, and the omega fatty acids from the fish make her coat super soft and healthy. It's a little expensive but completely worth it. They also have a reward program, but you have to keep your receipts, not just the UPC, to participate. Also, even the fruits and veggies they choose have a low glycemic index (like blueberries instead of potatoes).
Kayla L.
Citrus Heights, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I wish I could give this more stars! I only feed my fur baby the best human quality food and this is actually the best dog food on market currently. It’s really expensive, but it’s honest organic food. The only food I buy!!
Renee H.
Oxnard, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Best dog food on the market! It is made in a kitchen where they make nothing but pet food and contains only ingredients that dogs were meant to eat. My dog is incredibly healthy and has a beautiful, shiny coat thanks to Orijen; I wouldn't feed her anything else!
Michelle P.
Fairfax, VA
Our dog just turned 9 last November. Her entire life she was eating dog food or "junk" food from brands like Purina Beneful, or Pedigree. Unlike the previously mentioned brands, Orijen does not contain any fillers, or by-products that can cause harm to your pets internal organs. It's the Nike of Pet foods.
Consider anything that you find at Petco or Petsmart- "Payless" or "Flea Market" versions. YEAH, I know. The food is "Biologically Appropriate" reflecting a dogs natural diet. Great stuff. Hearty. Healthy. Hollistic. Do I really need to convince you?

It is an expensive brand, but definitely worth it's price. When our Aussie turned 7, we discovered a specialty pet store nearby, called Wyllie Waggs. This store carries a great variety of healthy pet foods, treats, and toys. I like this store because it is easy to find other Hollistic dog foods; if we ever had to change our dog's diet. Hopefully never.

We went to Wylie Waggs concerned that our Aussie was getting tired of her food; possibly developing an allergy. We had no idea. We told the associate that we were interested in the BEST of the BEST, no second thoughts, hands down, Hollistic Dog food. She introduced us to Orijens

Learn more from this link: http://orijen.ca/about_orijen

Any way,
I would NEVER think twice about switching brands. Our Aussie enjoys every meal. (After 2 years,) She DID get tired of eating it but, it does not happen often. She always finishes her bowl. Although she is an older gal, I noticed a major change in her overall health. She is much more active, and definitely a lot less lethargic. Her poop stays consistent but, you will NOT enjoy the flatulence. I kid you not. I suggest adding water to the dry food if, you need to change the consistency.

Orijen offers a sample size to help transition your dog to a new dog food. It is good for maybe, about 2-6 servings? Depending on your dogs size. This was given to us for free from the store we bought the food at. Another great thing Orijen offers is a special program to get a free bag of food. You save 11 proofs of purchase and get the 12th bag for free. We buy Adult Dog, Dry Food in the largest size Bag~$70; 5% tax included. Wylie Waggs does a great job documenting how often we restock on dog food-we return once every 3 months.

Few things I need to mention-
A LOT of veterinarians are recommending the wrong dog foods/products. This is because they are getting PAID $$ to promote these brands. One reason could be the most obvious one...Vets need patients. If your dog or pet is in great shape, they won't need many visits to the Vet. You may need to reconsider looking for other Veterinarians if they are notorious for doing this.

Orijen is high in Protein. Talk to an associate to see if Orijen is an appropriate product for your lovable companion. Acana is another leading brand, similar to Orijen (actually, same company); meant for smaller dogs. You could also consider giving that a try too. Xxoo
Regina P.
San Francisco
First time I bought it then my dog stop to eat his regular food. It was 4 months ago. And it was absolutely love. We tried variant with meat taste, but fish taste still his favorite. Peaces of food are different sizes and it's much better for my dog (dachshund). Now he doesn't have this strange noises of his stomach.
maria b.
Huntsville, AL
This food is probably the most biologically appropriate dog food other than raw out on the market. It is pricey but it does not compare to the price of taking your pet to the vet because of health issues that could have been avoided if they were eating a better food. This is also a great food for diabetic and cancer dogs because of its low glycemic index and little to no sugar and starches
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Is this an expensive product?
Jessica H.
Oklahoma City, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Jill S.
Sandy Springs, GA
Where can I find the best price for this food? I have used petflow.com and a few local shops, but rarely find a coupon for it!
Mayra M.
Pittsburg, CA
Where would I be able to find this
Yesenia T.
Bakersfield, CA
Where do they have this? I've never seen this around.