BY ORIJEN

• I have a blue pit with severe allergies. I've tried all different...1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this for a yorkie would has f... Be the first to answer!
  • I have never heard of this brand of dog food before. Is it good? ...2 Answers
6 Fish Orijen Food
  • "My pup loves this food but unfortunately it is very pricey and as quickly as she goes through food (she is a big dog) it was just too much we ended up switch and trying several others and now she eats Merrick grain free" in 7 reviews
  • "on the search for a food for my "allergic to everything pitbull" lol i tried this food because of the high quality ingredients." in 6 reviews
  • "This dog food does cost more, but I feed him less of it because it is so nutritionally dense, and my dog's health has clearly improved." in 5 reviews
  • "Received a sample of this for my large breed dog from my local pet store, although the food is quite stinky- it is great!!!!" in 3 reviews
Pamela S.
Travelers Rst, SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Orijen is an excellent quality dog food! They have a great selection of varieties. The fish flavor is one of their favorites and the high meat and protein content is great! We love the poultry free options for our sensitive dog. Unfortunately the price has almost doubled for this brand since we started using it 5 years ago. If you can afford to feed this food, then I highly recommend it.
Gloria M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Great food but really fishy smell, as if it just came out of the ocean. It keeps their coats healthy and bodies nourished with all the nutrients to maintain to their sedentary life while I am at work, 5 mi daily walks, and they hit the hiking trails on weekends . They’re old yet are puppies
Kayla L.
Citrus Heights, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I wish I could give this more stars! I only feed my fur baby the best human quality food and this is actually the best dog food on market currently. It’s really expensive, but it’s honest organic food. The only food I buy!!
Jessica P.
Nome
We bought Orijen Six Fish dry dog food when they were out of her usual Orijen Puppy Large food. You can definitely smell the fish as soon as you open the bag and which made my pup very excited. She had so much energy and was very playful after eating this food.
Steph P.
Saint Louis, MO
Our pug-mix LOVES this food. When we went grain free, we totally underestimated how much it would help our dog. Switching from a mainstream kibble to this changed our dog's health completely. She is no longer bloated, she doesn't chew at her feet, and her allergies overall are better. She seems to love the taste, and the omega fatty acids from the fish make her coat super soft and healthy. It's a little expensive but completely worth it. They also have a reward program, but you have to keep your receipts, not just the UPC, to participate. Also, even the fruits and veggies they choose have a low glycemic index (like blueberries instead of potatoes).
Renee H.
Oxnard, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Best dog food on the market! It is made in a kitchen where they make nothing but pet food and contains only ingredients that dogs were meant to eat. My dog is incredibly healthy and has a beautiful, shiny coat thanks to Orijen; I wouldn't feed her anything else!
Michelle P.
Fairfax, VA
Our dog just turned 9 last November. Her entire life she was eating dog food or "junk" food from brands like Purina Beneful, or Pedigree. Unlike the previously mentioned brands, Orijen does not contain any fillers, or by-products that can cause harm to your pets internal organs. It's the Nike of Pet foods.
Consider anything that you find at Petco or Petsmart- "Payless" or "Flea Market" versions. YEAH, I know. The food is "Biologically Appropriate" reflecting a dogs natural diet. Great stuff. Hearty. Healthy. Hollistic. Do I really need to convince you?

It is an expensive brand, but definitely worth it's price. When our Aussie turned 7, we discovered a specialty pet store nearby, called Wyllie Waggs. This store carries a great variety of healthy pet foods, treats, and toys. I like this store because it is easy to find other Hollistic dog foods; if we ever had to change our dog's diet. Hopefully never.

We went to Wylie Waggs concerned that our Aussie was getting tired of her food; possibly developing an allergy. We had no idea. We told the associate that we were interested in the BEST of the BEST, no second thoughts, hands down, Hollistic Dog food. She introduced us to Orijens

Learn more from this link: http://orijen.ca/about_orijen

Any way,
I would NEVER think twice about switching brands. Our Aussie enjoys every meal. (After 2 years,) She DID get tired of eating it but, it does not happen often. She always finishes her bowl. Although she is an older gal, I noticed a major change in her overall health. She is much more active, and definitely a lot less lethargic. Her poop stays consistent but, you will NOT enjoy the flatulence. I kid you not. I suggest adding water to the dry food if, you need to change the consistency.

Orijen offers a sample size to help transition your dog to a new dog food. It is good for maybe, about 2-6 servings? Depending on your dogs size. This was given to us for free from the store we bought the food at. Another great thing Orijen offers is a special program to get a free bag of food. You save 11 proofs of purchase and get the 12th bag for free. We buy Adult Dog, Dry Food in the largest size Bag~$70; 5% tax included. Wylie Waggs does a great job documenting how often we restock on dog food-we return once every 3 months.

Few things I need to mention-
A LOT of veterinarians are recommending the wrong dog foods/products. This is because they are getting PAID $$ to promote these brands. One reason could be the most obvious one...Vets need patients. If your dog or pet is in great shape, they won't need many visits to the Vet. You may need to reconsider looking for other Veterinarians if they are notorious for doing this.

Orijen is high in Protein. Talk to an associate to see if Orijen is an appropriate product for your lovable companion. Acana is another leading brand, similar to Orijen (actually, same company); meant for smaller dogs. You could also consider giving that a try too. Xxoo
Regina P.
San Francisco
First time I bought it then my dog stop to eat his regular food. It was 4 months ago. And it was absolutely love. We tried variant with meat taste, but fish taste still his favorite. Peaces of food are different sizes and it's much better for my dog (dachshund). Now he doesn't have this strange noises of his stomach.
maria b.
Huntsville, AL
This food is probably the most biologically appropriate dog food other than raw out on the market. It is pricey but it does not compare to the price of taking your pet to the vet because of health issues that could have been avoided if they were eating a better food. This is also a great food for diabetic and cancer dogs because of its low glycemic index and little to no sugar and starches
Bullyfambam D.
My dogs love this dog food product. They go crazy when they see the bag arrive at my house. I have never seen this brand before but it looked interesting so I had to try it out and I am glad I did. I would buy this product again and I would recommend it to any dog owner.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Is this an expensive product?
Jessica H.
The village , OK
Where can I purchase this? I've never seen it at our surrounding pet stores!
Jill S.
Sandy Springs, GA
Where can I find the best price for this food? I have used petflow.com and a few local shops, but rarely find a coupon for it!
Mayra M.
Cutler, CA
Where would I be able to find this
Yesenia T.
Terra Bella, CA
Where do they have this? I've never seen this around.