50" VIZIO LED 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV

by Vizio

Introducing the all-new 2014 D-Series 50" (50.00" diag.) Full-Array LED Smart TV with an ultra-narrow 10mm frame, crystal-clear LED-lit picture, and a faster, easier-to-use Smart TV experience. With built-in Wi-Fi included, the D-Series connects you to the latest hit movies, TV shows, and music from premium apps like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, iHeartRadio, VUDU, HuluPlus, YouTube, Pandora and more. Not only is it smart, this TV is packed with the latest technology-like Full-Array LED for superior light uniformity, and Active LED Zones x16 for deeper black levels and 5 million to 1 ultra-high contrast. Full HD 1080p and 120Hz effective refresh rate makes them perfect for sports and fast action scenes. VIZIO D-Series: Picture-Perfect, Simply Smart.

Debating on purchasing this TV for my bedroom. Does anyone know if this TV will connect to a dual band router on the 5.0 Ghz channel?
Start your review of 50" VIZIO LED 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV!
How would you rate this product?
Milwaukee, WI
Until a few days ago, this was our daily tv. We recently moved and it broke, but no fault of its own. We really loved using it, in fact we’ve had it for over 5 years and we bought the display model when a store in our area went out of business. The only downfall of the tv was that the optical port came loose after a few uses , making us have to really rig it to work. A few years ago we decided that it wasn’t worth it and went to an HDMI sound port instead. But that’s really the only problem we ever had with the tv. It was wonderful for us, I’d definitely recommend it.
Atmore, AL
We've been purchasing Vizio brand televisions for quite some time now. I'll be honest and say that I was hesitant when we bought our first one not knowing anything about the brand or really having heard of it previously. But we were presently surprised! We had that first one, a 40 inch flat screen, for 7 years. The only reason we replaced it is because we neglected to plug it into a surge protector strip, and it was hit by lightening. We have had this send one now for 6 years, and it's still going strong! We'll always buy this brand! Our next one will be a smart television!
New Lenox, IL
Vizio is probably the only brand of 📺 I would buy. My boyfriend bought one on Black Friday and after having a tiny imperfection in the screen he contacted costumer service and a tech was out a day later and couldn’t fix it so he ordered us a new one. It arrived a few days later and never had an issue since. The costumer service we received as well as the tech are what sold me. They have clear picture in HD and sound is amazing especially when you are watching a sports game. Would recommend to anyone.
New Waterford, OH
I enjoyed having the Visio 50” HD tv. It has Netflix and Hulu added into it. The only con is there is no HMI outlets on the side of the TV. Only on the back of the tv and it’s very inconvenient. You can’t add much unless you have time to pull the tv out to ness with the cords. Also if you lose the controller there is no power button to push. You have to go through six different modes to try and turn it off. I rather get a different brand.
Jonesboro , AR
I’m not really set on any particular brand of televisions but have only this brand currently in my home. I’ve had this one for quite a few years. Have never had problems with it. The volume is always right and it’s clear. But my smaller one in my bedroom, the volume is always off. I have to turn it up really loud just to hear it.
Tustin
I have only good thoughts for this product. We bought it out of necessity our old set gave up at last and of the choices this made the most sense. It was in our price point,the reviews while favorable cited its long life. The reason we went ahead with this purchase.We may not go bigger but we are a Vizio family
Eagan, MN
I got this TV at target on a day when they had 10% off TVs. With my Red Card and friend’s employee discount I got another 15% off of the TV. I paid $240 for this 55” TV and I love it! I am a big fan of Visio smart TVs for their simplicity. It is perfect and even before the discounts, you cant beat the price!
New Sharon, IA
We were gifted this at Christmas. This is a nice basic tv if you don't need all the bells and whistles and don't have access to internet for the tv. I will say that the time it takes for it come on and warm up before showing anything on the tv takes an exceptionally long time- 15 to 20 seconds.
Wichita, KS
We have this TV and it’s great. Since I’m not allowed on the Xbox I use the smart TV function and it works pretty well. It’s a little slower but obviously it’s no computer. I have this in my bedroom and I really need to mount it up on the wall but I haven’t done it yet.
Burleson, TX
The picture is good, and we got a good deal on the television, but it sometimes has connectivity issues and the start screen doesn't always load properly. When it does work though, which is about 80 percent of the time, it is a great television.