5-Hour Energy Pomegranate Energy Shot uploaded by Stephenie D.

BY 5-HOUR ENERGY #28 in Energy Drinks

Make sure you have enough energy with this energy shot by 5-hour energy. This six-pack of energy shots features pomegranate flavoring, giving it a distinct, fruity taste. These drinks are sugar-free.

• Does this cause stomach problems?1 Answers
  • Does this contain asparatne?1 Answers
  • How much energy do you really get with these things? 1 Answers
Maurice R.
Maurice R.
Never like these at all, just don't taste good. Plus to many of these as to much caffeine for small deceptive size can cause nervousness, trouble sleeping, nausea, vomiting, rapid heartbeats, and higher blood pressure. Now if you drink coffee for example a large McDonald’s coffee (16-ounce) has 145 milligrams of caffeine, just a bit less than the same as in a typical regular Rockstar or Monster product, now a if like Starbucks, a 16-ounce serving (Grande) of their regular brewed coffee (not espresso-based) there can average 330 milligrams of caffeine but range from 259 to a whopping 564! That extreme! But in most case people only drinks 8oz and half that amount.

Now you need to drink two small bottles of 5-hour Energy to get to that level, that why I don't recommend them as can be dangerous as people see the small size and some time drink more then one, but getting very large dose. Then won't get into the combinations of vitamins and amino acids in these. Just not healthy and if you need one, only take one, or drink coffee instead, or get some needed sleep instead. Please don't mix other energy drinks mixed with alcoholic drinks as it possible to get up to near-lethal blood alcohol concentrations.
Hannah V.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
I did not enjoy my experience with 5-hour Energy. I got a free sample so I decided to try it before hitting the gym. I drank half the shot since I didn't know how my body would react. Good thing I did! I was jittery and felt like my heart was racing. Only benefit was I did feel like I had more energy, so it really does work. I hated how I felt using it though. And the flavor was awful, just chemically and gross.
Amy B.
Amy B.
I used to love these, not for the flavor but for the energy. The first few times I used them I really felt a boost in energy for almost 5 hours. However I could only drink half a bottle. Then after a few uses I started to have an awful crash at the end, like I would want to sleep so so bad when it would be about 2-3 hours after a drink. I have quit using them as they lost their effectiveness.
Ya'el C.
Ya'el C.
Kent, OH
5 hour energy is good product. Don't like new flavors. This product is safe, I checked with 2 Dr.'s and both approved. It has about a large(Starbucks tall size) cup of coffee = caffeine, does not give you jitters like some. The energy comes from B12, niacin, B6. Highly recommend when you need a pick me up. No more than 2 a day. It doesn't taste very good though.
Sadia I.
Sadia I.
Bentonville , AR
Fitspiration Expert
These are really really bad for you- it can cause you to have palpitations-feeling like heart is popping out of chest and cause you to have really bad insomnia. but the trick is to take a little sip of it before working out- gives you a little boost and at the same time doesn't make you feel like you're dying lol
Desiree D.
Desiree D.
Parkersburg, WV
If you're looking for a pretty fast energy boost, these will do the job for minimal cost. This flavor in particular is pretty gross though. Be aware that you will crash before the actual 5 hour time frame. I only use these if I'm travelling long stretches and need an instant boost.
Brianna A.
Brianna A.
Henrico, VA
If I could I would give this no stars! This product is so had for your health! No energy drinks out in the market seem safe to me. If you really need an energy pick me up research healthy foods or Usana! Usana has a safe energy drink! No harsh sugars and all the other bad stuff!
Tina C.
Tina C.
I found this to be pretty awful in taste. It didn't really work for me and you'll just eventually crash which can be pointless if you end up having to pick yourself right back up again but with double the effort. Like all energy drinks like these, there's healthier alternatives
whitneyNov k.
whitneyNov k.
Cumberland, MD
I tried to stay away from energy drinks/shots but once I tried it, i realized there was nothing wrong with them. The taste isn't horrible and because it's just a shot, it's completely doable. This product does actually work to provide energy without the jitters or crash.
Jason C.
Jason C.
These do what they say, but its more like 2 hours super hyper energy. I love the flavor reminds me of robitussin. I personally only drink half a bottle at a time for a quick pick me up. If i drink any more that is too much of a wired feeling. Overall not a bad product.
Amy M.
Amy M.
Grosse Pt Frm, MI
Whats your favorite flavor?
Candy C.
Candy C.
Shawnee, OK
Fitspiration Expert
What do you think about the flavor?
Kim S.
Kim S.
Do these work for you?
Teresa L.
Teresa L.
Anyone feel like they have an energy crash after this?
Dawn O.
Dawn O.
Saint James, NY
Do they really last for 5 hours?