448102 Unisex Full Kit System 1 with Cleanser Shampoo Set, 3 Piece

100%

1 star

2.00 / 5 star rating
2 / 5
First, I’d like to explain why I starting using this product as I think it’s very important. I recently moved from the southern region of the United States to the northeast for a dream job! With that move, however, I watched as my thick, wavy/curly hair took a real beating. My hair turned brittle, falling out in handfuls, hard to manage, and became incredibly tangled. When I went to Ulta and explained what was happening, the kind lady there immediately walked me over to this set. It actually wasn’t too expensive for something of this caliber, so I was excited to try it out!! The clean I got was really nice. The shampoo didn’t seem much more different than your average shampoo, but the conditioner caused a slight tingling, cool sensation. It felt like it was working right away. After getting out of the shower, the 3rd step was the scalp and hair treatment which was the issue. I sprayed my scalp down generously, running my hair along my arm as I moved it across. Within 5 minutes, I had huge red welts from my thumb to the crook of my elbow. I also got dark red splotches across my forehead. Upon looking up information on the product, it said this was completely normal, and that it should go down within 1 hour. With that said, it took over 2 hours for the redness to go away, and even though it did, there was still a splotchy-ness to my arm (even now) that still hasn’t resided completely. I applaud the company for explaining that this happens as the product works as a vasodilator, but to me, it isn’t worth the anxiety, fear, and unknown of watching those spots grow for 30 minutes and then the splotchy look staying long after it said it would reside. Because of that, I don’t feel comfortable trying the product out any longer. I think the clean the product gives is nice, but the side effects bring a lot of unnecessary stress, in my opinion. I plan to return the product at this time. I definitely don’t regret giving it a shot, but I feel like there has to be a better option than the fear I felt watching the red welts grow on my arms and across my forehead. For this reason, this product was not a winner.