BY 3M #45 in Pet First Aid

3M™ Petcare Self Adherent Bandage Wrap will not stick to pet hair or skin.  Helps support weak or injured limbs.  Helps holds bandages in place on pets. 3M™ Petcare Self Adherent Bandage Wrap is made of a lightweight, breathable, non-absorbent material.  No clips or pins are needed - it sticks to itself.  Will not loosen or slip in use, even when wet. Self adherent material will not stick to pet hair or skin.  It sticks to itself so no pins or clips are needed. see more...

• Do you use these for anything other than blood wounds?2 Answers
Tanner J.
Gainesville, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Used these on my rottweiler this summer. We took a cross country camping trip and on about day 8 his paws were raw and blistered. I used these wraps to wrap up his feet and he was quickly back in action. Not a permanent solution but a great temporary solution to injured paw pads.
Avery M.
Clarkston, MI
While I think that these bandages can be very helpful in covering small wounds so that dogs won't chew at them, I have had trouble with these products. I have a brown nosed pitbull who has sensitive skin that she tends to chew a lot - so I decided to cover some of the wounds she gave herself with these bandages in order to keep her from making her worst. These bandages however were easy enough for her to slide up or down her foot if she put in enough effort, which led to her circulation in her foot being cut off for a few minutes and could have caused major problems for her. My concern is that no matter how secure the bandage seems, if the dog is determined they will get it off.
Janie L.
Oxford, MI
We use a lot of vet wrap in the horse world and it is extremely versatile! Perfect for packing feet under duct tape, holding gauze or rolled cotton in place, wrapping around an object that may be sharp and pose a risk or might rub, ie. a stray wire, a cribbing collar, etc. The possibilities are endless! I always make sure we have plenty on hand in our barn!
Arielle S.
I really like this product as it is non adhesive to the pet and can cover small injuries until addressed by a veterinarian. The one caution I do have is that if left on your pet too long for too tight it can create a tourniquet effect.
Jayme S.
Bald Knob, AR
This product is just amazing to use. It sticks to itself so you don't have to worry about pins, it stays on, and after it dries it's a bit like a thin cast to help an injury heal and stabilize. I had to use it after I was bit on the ankle by a spider and had to have it lanced. This helped me heal, and then later had to use these on a horse that had a swollen leg.
Lita M.
Austin, TX
This stuff is perfect for a lot of uses. You can hold a cotton gauze in place, cover an area where your pet keeps gnawing or scratching, or use it for a bit of joint support. (And honestly, you can use it on people as well!) Be careful not to wrap it too tight or you can impede blood flow.
brittny c.
Springfield, MO
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I used this for my dog to cover an injury that she kept licking at. It held in place for quite some time before she got it off. I was impressed by that and will be buying again if I need it! It also comes in great colors and prints for dogs, I can't complain!
Stacey R.
Raleigh, NC
I switched to these after many years of using grocery bags or newspaper bags. They are convenient to toss in your pocket before going on a walk. They get the job done, and are long enough to be able to tie a knot in the bag.
Molly G.
Annapolis, MD
Not that different than regular prewrap, but this stuff is super useful for dog owners. Anytime my dogs have a cut on their paw I use this over top the bandage, in between bandage & tape. Works great!
Elizabeth B.
Cincinnati, OH
We use these sometimes if out dogs get bad scraps on there legs but they always chew them off~ They usually get them off before bath time so I'm not sure if they are truly water proof or not..
Jenny W.
Middleburg , FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Do you use these for anything other than blood wounds?