BY 3M

Review (1)
Casey K.
Burlington, KY
PROBLEM:
Deep scratches in the top half of my headlight. Yellow glaze on the headlights of my wife's car. I first used this product on the headlights of my wife's car over a year ago. Recently, I used the kit again on my headlights.

ABOUT THE KIT
It comes with a disc pad holder, and pads with various levels of grit that attach to the disc pad holder (500 grit - yellow, 800 grit - white, and 3,000 grit - gray, and a foam pad), and lens polish, Essentially, the lower grits are "rougher" so that they can remove a small layer of the lens (i.e. scratches, yellowing and hazing). As the grit gets higher, the particles on the pads get finer. This helps progressively reduce the deep scratches until the headlights are a consistent white haze with no deep scratches. Finally, after applying the lens polish with the foam pad, the headlights become transparen't and clear.

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED
A Drill
Blue painters tape (I used both painters tape and masking tape without any problems as well)
A spray bottle or something similar (I used a standard plastic bottle of water)
Optional - Lens Protectant or Sealer (for example - Meguiar's G17110 Headlight Protectant - 10 oz. or Blue Magic 730-6 Headlight Lens Sealer - 8 oz.)

USING THE KIT
The instructions are very clear. You aren't going to mess up your headlights worse than they are unless you are grossly negligent (or skip half the steps). I have linked the instructions at the bottom. You begin by taping around your lights, so you don't strip the paint from your car. I opened up my hood, so I didn't have to worry about taping the top of the lights. To start out, attach the lowest grit to the disc pad holder and sand the headlights for about 5-10 minutes with light pressure. If you want perfection, you can probably expect to spend more time than I did. However my results were good after spending only 5 or so minutes per pad. Do the same with each successively higher grit. Finally, apply the polish to the headlights and you're done!

MY REVIEW
I think the kit did an excellent job of cleaning the haze and scratches from my headlights. To reach perfection takes some practice. If you own a high-end luxury car and are OCD, you might want to hire a professional to clean your headlights. However, most users will be extremely happy with the results using this kit. It definitely removes scratches and hazing without a ton of work. I wouldn't have any hesitation recommending this product to the vast majority of car owners.