4.60 / 5 based on 147 Reviews
The epic graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City) assaults the screen with the blood, thunder and awe of its ferocious visual style faithfully recreated in an intense blend of live-action and CGI animation. Retelling the ancient Battle of Thermopylae, it depicts the titanic clash in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his massive Persian army. Experience history at swordpoint. And moviemaking with a cutting edge.see more...
Top Questions See all 31 Q&A
- "Yeah this was a great movie but I didn't watch it until I seen meet the Spartans because they were making fun of this movie which made me watch it." in 14 reviews
- "If your a action movie lover and you haven't seen it, then your surely missing out one some awesome sauce." in 10 reviews
- "Really impressive visually effects (not just Gerard Butler's abs, although those are incredible as well), and the story line is intriguing." in 8 reviews
- "Really good movie, has tons of action, Gerard Butler is just such an amazing actor especially in this movie, Once you have seen this one you have to go rent, buy the second 300 which is also really amazing." in 6 reviews
- "If you love an action packed movie this is for you." in 6 reviews
I couldn't stand this movie. I was studying history at the time it came out and so probably watched it with a more critical eye than was intended. Historical inaccuracies aside, I thought the slow motion was ridiculous. I think if all of the scenes were changed to normal time, the movie would be about five minutes long.
I'm sorry, I hated this movie. I think I just did not appreciate the hokeyness, maybe I just didn't get it. But in the end it was too much for me.
The first time I seen this movie, I didn't like it. Whether it was the way the movie was presented (graphics etc..) not sure but the second time, I started to come around. Perhaps it was because of Gerald Butler. Haha. Or maybe the second time around I put more pieces of the puzzle together and with what I might have missed the first time. Still for me I can't say I loved it or say I hated it. Whether it's playing on TV some night, it might get my attention but I can take it or leave it.
Meh...I was underwhelmed by this flick. It was a generic gory guy movie. The story was somewhat interesting and I certainly enjoyed oogling the ripped guys but that's about it.
It's really boring and good at the same time xd, so i love it for the blood, but the speach a tooooo long for nothing.
Tried watching it ones, but felt like it was a movie for boys. Nothing wrong with the movie overall, but not for me. I'll stick to romance.
Directed by Synder so it is style over substance. Gerard Butler does a good job.
This movie was nothing but slow-motion and that annoyed me to every corner of the country. I didn't really like it too much.
Definitely not a chic flick. Even then it's more of a movie to pass time and just wonder at the special effects. You can tell those guys worked out!!
No my cup of tea for a movie but happy to watch I with my husband when he is I. The mood too.
Q & A
What other movies are similar?
What you favorite scene?
What is the movie about? Is it a good movie or documentary?
Gerard Butler is the leading actor in this movie, do you think this is his best movie or do you prefer one of his other films?
Wheres the naked females?