The epic graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City) assaults the screen with the blood, thunder and awe of its ferocious visual style faithfully recreated in an intense blend of live-action and CGI animation. Retelling the ancient Battle of Thermopylae, it depicts the titanic clash in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his massive Persian army. Experience history at swordpoint. And moviemaking with a cutting edge.see more...
Top Questions See all 31 Q&A
- "Yeah this was a great movie but I didn't watch it until I seen meet the Spartans because they were making fun of this movie which made me watch it." in 14 reviews
- "If your a action movie lover and you haven't seen it, then your surely missing out one some awesome sauce." in 10 reviews
- "Really impressive visually effects (not just Gerard Butler's abs, although those are incredible as well), and the story line is intriguing." in 8 reviews
- "Really good movie, has tons of action, Gerard Butler is just such an amazing actor especially in this movie, Once you have seen this one you have to go rent, buy the second 300 which is also really amazing." in 6 reviews
- "If you love an action packed movie this is for you." in 6 reviews
This is a great movie! I enjoy historical pieces a lot and this one is really well done, keeps you interested the entire time.
I like action movies but not a huge fan. I like this movie though. It kept my attention and it had my favorite actor in it!
Epic battle sequences with tons of action and blood to go around, mixed with a great story line, makes for one amazing film.
This movie was nothing but slow-motion and that annoyed me to every corner of the country. I didn't really like it too much.
I love this movie and I could sit around and watch it all day long. It is gripping and the fight scenes are exceptional.
It's over-the-top and not historically accurate at all but it's really entertaining and exciting, worth multiple views!
I wasn't sure I would enjoy this movie, but I did! The action is great, and the ferocity of the soldiers is inspiring.
It's great movie for men & women. A lot of action for men, great body actors for women. I know some are CG but good.
In love with this movie. It has a love story for the ladies, fighting and goar for the gentlemen. Perfect date night.
What's not to love about this movie. Full of action great actors amazing characters and a over all great story line.
Q & A
What other movies are similar?
What you favorite scene?
What is the movie about? Is it a good movie or documentary?
Gerard Butler is the leading actor in this movie, do you think this is his best movie or do you prefer one of his other films?
Wheres the naked females?