BY ZACK SNYDER

The epic graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City) assaults the screen with the blood, thunder and awe of its ferocious visual style faithfully recreated in an intense blend of live-action and CGI animation. Retelling the ancient Battle of Thermopylae, it depicts the titanic clash in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his massive Persian army. Experience history at swordpoint. And moviemaking with a cutting edge.

• Gerard Butler is the leading actor in this movie, do you ...3 Answers
  • What is the movie about? Is it a good movie or documentar...5 Answers
  • Wheres the naked females?2 Answers
300
  • "Yeah this was a great movie but I didn't watch it until I seen meet the Spartans because they were making fun of this movie which made me watch it." in 14 reviews
  • "If your a action movie lover and you haven't seen it, then your surely missing out one some awesome sauce." in 10 reviews
  • "Really impressive visually effects (not just Gerard Butler's abs, although those are incredible as well), and the story line is intriguing." in 8 reviews
  • "Really good movie, has tons of action, Gerard Butler is just such an amazing actor especially in this movie, Once you have seen this one you have to go rent, buy the second 300 which is also really amazing." in 6 reviews
  • "If you love an action packed movie this is for you." in 6 reviews
Tyne P.
Des Moines, IA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
A great movie. I'm not usually a fan of war movies or gory movies, but this one was different. The graphics were great and so was the acting. The only thing I didn't like was the gore.
Jonellen M.
West Chester, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This film is a feast for your eyes! The colors and backdrop for this story are engaging. The story itself pulls you in and you have to watch to the end. I really like Frank Miller's work.
Alisha J.
Henrietta, TX
I actually really enjoyed this movie. I do love underdog movies. It was an action film, so gore and nudity seem to be necessities nowadays. But it is actually in my "watch again" list.
Aubrie M.
Buffalo, NY
I loved it. It is the perfect balance of action & suspense. The animation graphics were great. I would totally recommend it to anyone interested in war movies this is def one to watch.
Shelly B.
Holly Springs, MS
Just awesome! Love the way this movie looks and how they could make just another war in history so interesting. Leonitis is my hero! He's what most people think of when they hear manly man!
Tamsin G.
Meriden, CT
I really enjoyed this movie. I'm usually not the kind that likes those movies that have thousands of people in it, but it narrowed in on the main characters enough to keep me focused.
Rebecca C.
Waterbury, CT
I haven't read the book yet, didn't know there was one. I did watch the movie and it is one of my favorite all time movies, a must watch. Will have you interested the whole time.
Lori M.
Waco, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Great movie..Gerard Butler did great! I don't usually watch many action films but since this was more historic, had great action scenes,& awesome effects, it kept me watching!
Erica W.
Kenosha, WI
I loved this movie. It is not too often that I watch movies of this nature but this kept me entertained the entire time. It was definitely action-packed and very interesting.
Courtney L.
Meh...I was underwhelmed by this flick. It was a generic gory guy movie. The story was somewhat interesting and I certainly enjoyed oogling the ripped guys but that's about it.
Sophia L.
North Bergen, NJ
What other movies are similar?
Crushondra S.
Huntsville, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What you favorite scene?
Rachel m.
What is the movie about? Is it a good movie or documentary?
Sibyl B.
Clovis, CA
Gerard Butler is the leading actor in this movie, do you think this is his best movie or do you prefer one of his other films?
JING C.
Brooklyn, NY
Wheres the naked females?