BY DANNY BOYLE

Danny Boyle (SHALLOW GRAVE, TRANSPOTTING) directs this post-apocalyptic thriller set in London after a deadly, Ebola-like virus has swept through the city. Jim (Cillian Murphy), a bicycle messenger who was in an accident just days before the outbreak, is one of very few survivors who awakes 28 days later to a city that has been evacuated and is now utterly lifeless. He wanders the vacant streets of London feeling as if he's trapped in a never-ending hallucination. However, upon entering a church that is littered with dead bodies, he discovers that he is not alone-"the infected" are still living. They are violently sick, fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies who travel at night in ravenous packs. Jim manages to escape "the infected" and locate a band of survivors-Selena (Naomie Harris), Hannah (Megan Burns), and Frank (Brendan Gleeson)-and they join forces searching for solutions, clinging to hope that somewhere healthy humanity thrives.A gripping and suspenseful horror film with indie production values, shot on digital video, 28 DAYS LATER has a pleasing immediacy. Its actors are primarily young unknowns, its special effects consist of beautiful photography overlays and flashes of light with lots of shadow play, and its settings are rich and dramatic. The soundtrack is one of the film's truest strengths, with excellent music from Brian Eno, Blue States, Grandaddy, and Godspeed You Black Emperor guiding the action from the first minutes through to the last.

• "This is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time!" in 1 review
Msbaez25 B.
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is one of the best zombie movies ever made, that was not made by George Romero.

I know many people say that this is not a zombie movie.  Those people are wrong.

If you like Omega Man with Charlton Heston, or if you like the first season of The Walking Dead, then you must see this movie.
Blu e.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Both of thee movie are great zombie movies very creepy! The zombies are fast so they run and even turn quickly so its harder to survive. The acting is really good as well as the scenes. There is one particular scene that I like because its super creepy, the characters are in a dark tunnel and you only see the shadow of a mass group of running zombies. A must see in my opinion.
Stacey B.
San Mateo, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Both are great films, which is rare. 28 Days is a more subdued film that really captures the bleakness of a post-zombie world, and 28 Weeks picks up the pace while expanding on the movie universe. I'm still hoping that they come out with "28 Months", I have high hopes for this production team.
Katie M.
Trussville, AL
Just saw this recently for the first time and really loved it. Classic story of a Zombie outbreak that over runs a huge city and infects thousands of people. Wonderfully shot, great characters, and gives you great suspensful scenes. Recommended for anyone who loves zombies.
Mariah M.
Massillon, OH
This movie is one of the few good scary movies to come out recently .. the plot is on of the things that intrigues me the most , the acting is very good also. I don't want to give away any spoilers or I would divulge more but I was hiding behind the pillow on this one lol. Go watch it!
Trista H.
Tampa, FL
I love this movie. It's not your average zombie movie, and effectively shows the emotions of fear and panic while trying to survive. The actors are great, I don't think they could have picked a better cast. I would recommend this movie to everyone!
Mica M.
Irvine, CA
This is what I feel is one of the original zombie movies. It is a good movie to watch, maybe a B movie. I like it and its sequel. I wish that had made a third one, they set it up for it but never did to my knowledge. The acting is alright but overall it is a movie I can watch over and over and the sequel has Jeremy Renner in it!
Christa G.
Cheraw, SC
Creepy, intense, and gory, 28 Days is a must see in the category of zombie movies. These zombies freaked me out more than any other movie, I think, because of how fast they run and the noises they make. Watch it!
Holly B.
Hayesville, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is a zombie movie made before gore was all there was to zombies. Yes there are some bloody parts, however this movie focuses more on psychological aspects of being one of the few humans left alive. Waking up in a hospital and not knowing what has occurred but realizing you have to survive.
Christina S.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
This is a really good movie. The acting is superb! Although, honestly, I watched the movie once and it scared me to death that I can't watch it again. However, my hubby loves this movies as he is an avid zombie fan.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this a good movie to watch ?
Lauren M.
Roanoke, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Which is better in your opinion? 28 days or 28 weeks?
Miranda L.