Retailers & ServicesHealth ServicesDNA Testing Services23andMe

Has anyone uses this test and actually been able to get specific information ? I’ve been wanting to try a genetic DNA kit as well as possible gifting a kit. I am on the fence as far as how fast are the results? Is it general information, or is it kinda specific? I appreciate any extra information to help me decide. Also, how easy is this to use, special instructions for mailing?
Has anyone tried this?
Start your review of 23andMe DNA Test Ancestry Personal Genetic Service - includes at-home saliva collection kit!
Michela C.
Westfield, MA
23andMe DNA Test Ancestry Personal Genetic Service - includes at-home saliva collection kit uploaded by Michela C.
I LOVED this! This was so much fun. I was surprised by some of my results but went in kind of knowing what most of it would look like. I expected the wait time to honestly be longer but it was much quicker than I expected which was a very pleasant surprise. The app was super convenient too and I love I can go on and access my information whenever and wherever. Definitely recommend!
Nicole L.
Tucson, AZ
I got to do this for free a few years ago because I have Crohn's Disease and they were opening it up to people with IBD for a short while. The best thing to come from it though is that last year a woman did a 23andme test only to find out that she is my half sister. So now I have 3 sisters!
Angela  S.
Brookpark, OH
Well since I didn't have a family history on my father... my mom got this for me. It was interesting and easy to use. She did spend alot on it.. so I wish it would have had some more detailed health info or the option to add on some info requested for a upgrade fee. But all n all it told me some good family genetic information. Where it dates back to... and general health markers.
Cyndi G.
Larimer, PA
I was skeptical at first about trying a home DNA kit, but after hearing nothing but wonderful things about 23 and Me I decided to give it a try. It's been 3 years since I sent back my DNA sample and I have been beyond impressed with the services I've received through this company. When I first received my ancestry results they were accurate but some things were pretty vague. It had told me at one point that I was 26% 'broadly western European,' which had basically meant that they couldn't pinpoint my ancestry to a specific country persay, but they were sure that my ancestors came from somewhere in that region. As time has passed and more research has been done, 23 and Me has updated my results to be more accurate. I have also been able to connect with a long lost 2nd cousin thanks to their services. Overall, I've been very satisfied with this product and would definitely recommend to my family and friends.
Margaret F.
Grand Ledge, MI
23andMe DNA Test Ancestry Personal Genetic Service - includes at-home saliva collection kit uploaded by Margaret F.
I have the 23 and Me + health package and it’s incredible. I would highly recommend this if you’re open to learning more about you in ways that you never thought you could. I found out I’m not only African, which was obvious, and European, which is also obvious, but Native American and Asian was definitely a shock
Katee L.
West Point, UT
I used this because I never met my father and I had no idea what I was ‘made up of.’ Now I have a much better understanding of where I come from and it even lists relatives of mine who I’ve never heard of. It’s neat to trace your roots. #influenster #voxbox me please!
cheri C.
Oregon City, OR
Such a cool test. The amount of information is pretty extensive however is does change over time, you can read about that on their web site. I did the health one also it's totally worth the peace of mind it offers from have this information available. I recommend to anyone considering purchasingbit.
Cassie T.
I ordered this because I was adopted. I did not know any of my biological family. With this kit I was able to find some of my family. This can get a little confusing at time. 23andMe DNA Test Ancestry Personal Genetic Service - includes at-home saliva collection kit
Kristen Y.
Tulare, CA
The process was easy and the results came in quickly. Multiple family members tried it and the results were all very similar so it definitely comes off accurate and not bogus. Lots of available resources to collect information as well, I definitely recommend!
Jordan S.
Lebanon, PA
Such an amazing experience. Gave me the opportunity to to learn more about my history and where I come from. The collect method was a little complicated, due to dry mouth, but beyond that I found the app very interactive and user friendly. Would recommend to anyone who would like to learn more about themselves.