20th Century Fox Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

by 20th Century Fox

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of 20th Century Fox Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I really liked this movie.in 1 review
This is a good movie I think there is a lot of suspense and it keeps you excited, it's good for lots of people too watch!in 1 review
These actors have great chemistry and skills. in 1 review
Just like the first one i really enjoyed this movie.in 1 review
This is a really good movie.in 1 review
2 years ago
I really enjoy this movie when it came out and it was pretty true to the basic comics, the only issues it had was the fact that it did not age well. other then that you had great action , good background story of everything and you would understand how each person became and why and this is very important in a movie so yes I would just check it out and make your own point of view on it.
3 years agoRochester, NY
I love super hero movies but this one I was not a fan of. I just thought it was really cheesy and not well done. I watched the whole movie and would not again. I just was not a fan, and the movie plot was not very good. I wouldn't recommend this movie.
3 years agoDoral, FL
Tim Story stays true to the roots of the 2005 film, keeping this sequel fun and clean, while developing a new story with a couple new characters and making our favorite 4 heroes grow even more. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is better than its predecessor, and one of the better sequels of recent memory. Things appear to be going great for the Fantastic Four. Reed (Ioan Gruffudd) and Susan (Jessica Alba) are in love and ready to be married, Johnny (Chris Evans) is still on fire with the ladies, and Ben (Michael Chiklis) has finally found happiness with Alicia Masters (Kerry Washington). However, their happiness will be tested when strange occurrences around the globe point to one culprit: a mysterious being known only as The Silver Surfer (Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne). One of the biggest improvements 'Rise' has over the first film is the fact that the Fantastic work more as a team in this film. Yes, in the first movie they fought together, but it seemed as if they each were fighting different battles within one big one. Here, they take a different route and take on even the smaller events together. Also, the writing is much better, making Reed aka Mr. Fantastic out to be the leader of the Four, much unlike the first movie, which bothered me. Ioan Gruffudd really seems like a leader in this movie, which was a definite strength. Chris Evans also flexes some acting muscle, as The Human Torch is also well written this time around, giving him a wake up call and turning him into a more believable human character this time around. Alba and Chiklis are both good as The Invisible Woman and The Thing respectively. Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne portray the Surfer brilliantly as body and voice respectively. Fishburne has this incredible ability to say the deadliest of lines (All that you know is at an end) with unbelievable ease and charismatic calm. He is the perfect choice as the voice of one of the most powerful comic book characters. I liked how they wrote the Surfer as well. He does become vulnerable in the film, but at the same time, you'll have no doubt that he is the most powerful character by the time the ending rolls around. Doug Jones always impresses me with how he captures and creates a character while doing so little, and after successful turns in Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy, Jones gives the Surfer life just as he did Abe Sapien in Hellboy. Kerry Washington and Julian McMahon are also good reprising their roles as Alicia Masters and Dr. Doom, McMahon especially. He's even better as the evil and manipulative Dr. Doom this time around. Tim Story really did a good job with the atmosphere of 'Rise'. He really explores every corner of the planet, with action scenes in Germany, New York, China, outer space, and the heroes' kitchen. All the action scenes are well done and the special effects are used smoothly and effectively, even though it looks as though most of the increased budget was spent on The Silver Surfer and Galactus, who look amazing. They forgot to make Mr. Fantastic look as realistic as possible, because most of the time you can see the visual effects. All in all, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG) is a fun movie experience that anyone over age 11 or 12 should enjoy. There is some mild sexual innuendo, but it's not too bad.
3 years ago
This is a really good movie. As a squeal it did a good job of adding demsion to the characters, expanding their lives, and adding bigger threats. The silver surfer has been my favorite marvel villian yet!
5 years agoShawnee, OK
Everyone in my family enjoyed this movie it is great for family movie time. The only part of the movie I did not care for is I am not a big Fantastic Four fan. The movie itself though was very good.
5 years agoArlington, TX
I love it, it is so entertaining the graphics are perfection and flawless actions and acting its so funny and entertaining. These actors have great chemistry and skills.
5 years agoBrundidge, AL
I took my kids to see this movie and even I ended up loving it just as much as they did. I have seen all 4 and this one is the best of them all
5 years ago
Im sorry to say but all Fantastic four movie are not worth watching. I don't like any of the ones Ive seem and wouldn't plan on seeing anymore.
3 years ago
This movie definitely spiked my interest in super hero movies. This was the first one I ever watched and now I can't get enough of them!
5 years ago
I got this movie for Christmas last year, and it's such a great movie! I always watch it when its on TV and it's a great family movie.