BY 16 HANDLES #55 in Dining

16 Handles
  • "So far, this is the only frozen yogurt joint that does not cross-contaminate their products with peanuts and tree nuts (I'm highly allergic to both)." in 38 reviews
  • "I'd stay away from the ice cream like flavors like Chocolate and go for the more tart flavors like Pineapple and Mango, those are amazing." in 12 reviews
  • "They have 16 different flavors, you get to pick your own cup size so you can put a little or as much as you want and they have self serve toppings." in 9 reviews
  • "First off, they have 16 different flavored frozen yogurt and you can sample any of them before choosing which one you may want to go with!" in 8 reviews
  • "The flavors range from basic vanilla to sweet birthday cake, and they also have more sherbet-ish options like mango and coconut." in 5 reviews
Madeline K O.
Yonkers, NY
If you’re in the mood for soft served ice cream or froyo topped with and endless amount of possibilities, then this is the spot for you!! Brownie, nuts, syrup, candy, fruits on top of an assortment of flavored soft serves! Def worth a try!
Danielle K.
Flushing, NY
I really can't get enough of 16 Handles, I've tried some Fro-Yo's and normally they are quite good, but there is something about 16H that puts them HANDLES above the rest.

For those that don't know, the company name is based on the selection that they have at any given time. Selections like Peanut Butter, Birthday Cake, Mint Chocolate Cookie, Irish Mint, Dulce De Leche and so many others can be found. The website hosts dozens of different types of flavors usually on selection, but it can vary from store to store. The purchase structure is great also, you can mix and match flavors however you like, there is a bountiful topping bar with tasty toppings to choose from (oooh, cookei dough bits and mini PB cups - Yes please!) and at least 6 types of liquid toppings (read marshmallow, fudge, caramel, raspberry...) and pricing is all based on weight (very dangerous for the dieters). Whats best is that you can try unlimited samples of any flavor - sometimes the sample cups are just given to you, sometimes the staff will press for you and give you (likely to control the taste abusers). Last but not least, they have a rewards program.... like you needed another reason to treat yourself to this delicious confection daily?!!
Jimmy D.
HOBOKEN, NJ
16 handles is so good. They offer a great variety of flavors (peanut butter is my favorite). They also have amazing toppings like fresh fruit, candy, cheesecake bites and caramel.
Makenna S.
Schenectady, NY
Ive got to say, I'm addicted to 16 handles. One thing that sets them apart is their huge selection of choices, 16 obviously, which is a lot compared to the mere 6-8 I have seen offered at other frozen yogurt shops. And they are all to die for ! I would recommend the Peanut Butter Confession or any of their fruit flavored yogurts OR sorbets ! I also love the unique topping choices such as melted crunch bar (my favorite), rainbow cookies, and cheesecake bites. As well as the typical fruit toppings, sprinkles, cereals, etc. The only downside to 16 Handles is that it is definitely not the place to be when it gets busy. There will be a huge line of anxious people behind you and you will feel like you don't have time to make decisions or try different flavors. So my advice would be to go in the afternoon or early evening, not after dinner time ! 16 Handles is definitely worth a try !
Amy T.
I LOVE IT! They are pretty generous with the sample cups (at least at my local store) and I love that there are so many flavors to choose from. Plus it always makes me think of that hilarious scene from Broad City where Jaime gets overwhelmed by the froyo flavor choices. I reuse my sample cups (shh!) because I like to test at least half the flavors. I'm a newbie so I haven't found a favorite yet, but I do like 'Dunk Yo Cookies.' The cookie dough and brownie bites are the best toppings, very chewy and moist!
Kylie G.
Stamford, CT
Out of all the fro-yo places I've tried (which is plenty by the way) this ranks in my top 3. The flavors range from basic vanilla to sweet birthday cake, and they also have more sherbet-ish options like mango and coconut. The toppings are endless ranging from fresh fruit to your favorite candy. There's options for both health conscious people and those who want to splurge and the best part is you can't even tell the difference between this and regular ice cream!
Elle W.
I've been to Red Mango, Pinkberry and 16 Handles and I'd have to say that while all are good in their own way, the one thing that sets 16 Handles apart from everyone else is their variety. While Red Mango and Pinkberry have only the typical flavors of Vanilla, Chocolate, Mango, etc., 16 Handles has cool flavors like Apple Pie or Red Velvet. Another plus is that while other Froyo places only have 4-5 flavors at a time, 16 handles always has 16! (Hence the name). So even though they aren't the healthiest froyo place you can visit, if you're looking to satisfy a sweet tooth I'd definitely recommend coming here.
Kate M.
I'm obsessed with frozen yogurt, and 16 Handles has encouraged my addiction. Out of the few froyo places I've been too, I've been the most impressed with the yogurt and topping selection at 16 Handles. I would go here more often if there were more locations close by! I'm absolutely obsessed with the seasonal pumpkin flavor, as well as salted caramel and cheesecake. The amount of yogurt and topping combinations is endless and they always seem to switch up what they have to over. They also have the 16 Handles rewards card which is always great to earn points and get free yogurt!
Allison B.
FroYo places are popping up all over NYC (and everywhere), but 16 Handles is my favorite by far. The variety of flavors is excellent, and they are constantly switching out froyo flavors, so you never know what to expect. Their toppings are also better than any other froyo place, with fresh fruit, candies, cookies, etc. The price is also seemingly less expensive than other places (Pinkberry, Cups, etc).
Rachel K.
Greensburg, PA
Yum! I love 16 Handles because you can serve yourself and then add whatever and however many toppings you like! It's perfect! The frozen yogurt is great for dieters that want a healthy snack, plus the enormous amount of toppings they have contain a bunch of healthy options too, like fresh cut fruit and granola!
Tiffany P.
What is your favorite flavor?
Tiffany P.
What is your favorite topping?
Emma O.
Rockville, MD
Whats your favorite flavor
Gabby M.
Bronx, NY
When is your favorite time to get 16 handles
Ashlyn H.
Ice cream to Topping ratio: more toppings:less ice cream or more ice cream:less toppings?