BY NETFLIX

Newcomer Katherine Langford plays the role of Hannah, a young woman who takes her own life. Two weeks after her tragic death, a classmate named Clay finds a mysterious box on his porch. Inside the box are recordings made by Hannah -- on whom Clay had a crush -- in which she explains the 13 reasons why she chose to commit suicide. If Clay decides to listen to the recordings, he will find out if and how he made the list. This intricate and heart-wrenching tale is told through Clay and Hannah's dual narratives.

Megan G.
Ever sense this show can out it has be so controversial. Everyone has their opinion on why it should be shown and others why it should stop being aired. In my opinion this show brings up real life situations and things that need to be discussed including sexual assault/harassment, suicide and bullying. I believe this show is really bringing attention to bullying and what it can lead to. The sad reality is that we live in a world where bullying happens and suicide is a result of it. I believe people don’t realize how something that may seem so small can snowball into something much larger. This show makes you realize every little thing you say and/or do can affect someone’s life. I recommend this show to everyone as it is something educational.
Nicole L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I see the all the points people make with how it's great for starting conversations about taboo subjects, and how it can be a very triggering show.  It's definitely watch at your own risk.  I loved the book so so much and was very excited that it would become a show, but was very disappointed by the outcome.  I think the show is trying to be more dramatic than necessary.  The second season definitely wasn't needed either.  The story was told with the first book/season.  If you want to make something that dramatizes these issues and highlights what's happening, then write something completely original.
Melyssa B.
Moncks Corner , SC
I really like this series. The show is very good at showing teenagers reality and how parents don’t know what really happen in school. It’s also so good because it bring up topics that no one wants to talk about but they should. I’d totally recommend it to everyone that is aware of the heavy scenes and delicate topics.
Sydney 💋.
This is an amazing show. It really makes you think about how you treat people. Little actions here and there can add up and make a huge difference in someone's life. The acting is really good and the storyline is easy to follow. It switches between present time and flashbacks. Seeing Clay and Hannah's friendship and memories is very emotional since she's no longer there and he can't do anything about it. The tapes play a huge role in this and it's very unique how each tape is for a certain character and explains how that person impacted Hannah's life. I couldn't stop watching because I was so caught up in it. This is a show everyone needs to watch.
Tara W.
Absolutely love this show! It so sad though:( it shows you how a build up of terrible things can haunt you for ever and that it’s not right to bully at all. 13 Reasons Why shows what happens on a daily bases to some people and how it can truly ruin someone’s life until they end it. Highly recommend, it is a tear jerker! And it does have a drawn out suicide scene. Season 2 will be out May 18th! 13 Reasons Why
Miranda W.
Branson, MO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a great show. It keeps you interested and it's a huge educational show for teenagers. I feel like it could teach them that what they say can truly hurt someone and I feel like some people may be able to relate to certain characters and possibly change their outlook on highschool.
Monica C.
Provo, UT
The truth is that this series did not call my attention, but I saw it because it became very famous and I decided to see it. I think the first season was good, interesting because it deals with different kinds of abuse, to which we must give a lot of importance but although it was interesting, I did not like it very much, besides that doing a second season seemed unnecessary and due to the criticisms I read It's bad. Anyway, I try to say that I prefer not to see a second and a third season because I think they are abusing the success of a good first season and cancel series that could have really contributed something better like Sense8.
Ashley ✨.
Murrells Inlt, SC
I found this show really good! I thought that it was pretty insightful with what kids experience when in high school. I watched season two also and although some things were tough to watch, it is things that you could talk to your children about when they are an appropriate age.
Abbie Q.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I know there was mixed reviews on this show and I see why. It's a hard hitting show, and a kleenex box is a must if you decide to watch it. I remember how hard my life got for me news the end of it, so I can relate to Hannah on some levels. Bullying seems to get worse every year as well as suicide I know personally 2 people that took their own lives and no one ever really talks about it not really. This show although sometimes very hard to watch is a must see at least for parents if they don't want their teens to watch it.
Jessica J.
Cumming, GA
Great show. In my point of view it teaches you that your actions have consequences and dire ones. It was very entertaining and you can’t help immersing in the story. I think parents and children should watch it with discretion of course and then discuss about it.
Charl L.
Is this any good or is it just confusing
Tess W.
Fort Erie, ON
Thoughts on the second season compared to the first? Without spoiling 😏
Nikki w.
Do you feel that this show was a good representation of depression or suicide ?
MK R.