10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works-A True Story

BY HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS

Winner of the 2014 Living Now Book Award for Inspirational MemoirAfter having a nationally televised panic attack, Dan Harris knew he had to make some changes. A lifelong nonbeliever, he found himself on a bizarre adventure involving a disgraced pastor, a mysterious self-help guru, and a gaggle of brain scientists. Eventually, Harris realized that the source of his problems was the very thing he always thought was his greatest asset: the incessant, insatiable voice in his head, which had propelled him through the ranks of a hypercompetitive business, but had also led him to make the profoundly stupid decisions that provoked his on-air freak-out. Eventually Harris stumbled upon an effective way to rein in that voice, something he always assumed to be either impossible or useless: meditation, a tool that research suggests can do everything from lower your blood pressure to essentially rewire your brain.10% Happiertakes readers on a ride from the outer reaches of neuroscience to the inner sanctum of network news to the bizarre fringes of America's spiritual scene, and leaves them with a takeaway that could actually change their lives. see more...

Judy S.
Austin, TX
I was recommended to read this by a friend and I thanked her profusely after! A really nice perspective on why we do the things we do and how we can make an active change in ourselves. Would definitely recommend this book.
Bianca A.
Great book about taking the time to slow down and enjoy moments in our everyday busy lives