About Us & Our Mission:
Influenster is a digital destination where consumers discover products and reviews that enable them to make well-informed purchase decisions. With over 4.5 million members who have written over 29 million product reviews, we believe the consumer is the expert - everything we do and build as a company is centered around this philosophy.
At Influenster, we are user obsessed and value user-generated content and user experience above all else. We are proud of our collaborative work environment and practice unfiltered, professional, straightforward, and authentic communication. We are fast and innovative in our work, and we consistently set the bar high. The Influenster team is results driven, solution oriented, and resourceful. Our team sets the bar high to operate with integrity and respect. By empowering each other in the workplace and by empowering the Influenster community we serve, we achieve consistent success by guiding members to make informed, personalized purchases
We are a dynamic fast paced work environment where each person has a strong voice. We give a high level of responsibility to all our team members and we’re proud of our award-winning collaborative work environment. We are always looking for ways to innovate and we value team members who bring fresh ideas to the table.
We’re looking for a talented Videographer whose work reflects creativity, intelligence, and a keen sense of style. You have a deep understanding of branding and marketing, want to work with some of the world’s best-known brands, and have the versatility to deliver on-point creative for anything from kids to cosmetics and everything in between. You have a strong portfolio that showcases your abilities as a conceptual thinker, cinematographer, director, and editor.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with writers and producers to ideate and storyboard concepts
- Be responsible for the setup, lighting, and camera work during shoots
- Direct all persons and activity appearing on camera
- Edit your footage, including text/graphics animation and sound/music
- Create for our clients branded content videos to be posted on our site and on social media channels
- Create live-action, stop-motion style, and animated videos for social
- Develop sales & marketing videos and advertising for Influenster
- Be a one-man production team that can do it all in a fast-paced environment!
- 3+ yrs experience with branded content videos, ads, infomercials, etc.
- Experience with Beauty and Food brands (among others)
- Outstanding proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with production sound (Lavalier Microphones, sound recording)
- Experience DP-ing (lighting, shooting)
- Directing Experience
- Experience with title design, text & graphic animation in After Effects
- Familiarity with video requirements of social media
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take critical feedback and turn it into positive results
- Ability to deliver great work on tight deadlines
- For examples of videos you will be asked to create, see https://www.youtube.com/user/Influenster/videos . We also create stop-motion, GIF-style short videos for social, as well as simple animated shorts—you MUST have superior After Effects skills and a good sense of typography.
- Your portfolio MUST have examples of branded content videos, ads, infomercials, etc—work in the film & tv industry (movies, music videos, documentaries, tv shows, etc), while potentially impressive and indicative of your style and technical skill, will not be that relevant to our needs.
Equipment you will be using:
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon
IMPORTANT: This is an Intermediate role within a startup environment. If you are a very Senior professional and have a ton of experience with corresponding compensation expectations, this role is probably not for you. For all applicants, please indicate your MINIMUM annual salary requirements. Thank you!
- Opportunity for growth
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment
- Diversity of work projects
- Frequent lunches and happy hours
- Dog friendly work environment
- Fully stocked fridge and cold brew
- Fun, creative, open, award-winning work space
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Paid vacation, flex time, holidays