When it comes to playing up your eye color, choosing the right eye makeup is key. And, because it’s summer after all, we’re ditching the conventional shades for a pop of color. We teamed up with professional makeup artist, Jenny Rostami, to bring you tips and tricks for playing with bold eye makeup. This week she's showing us how to take makeup for green eyes from day to night.
Stay tuned, blue-eyed girls, your tutorial is in the works. As for brown-eyed beauties, did you check out your tutorial from last week?
1. In order to accentuate green eyes, you want to use the opposite end of the color wheel. Start with the plum shade of Make Up For Ever 4L Eyeliner.
2. Use the side of the pencil and draw it along the upper lash line.
3. Taking Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers Primer, start at the root of the lash and pull the product up.
4. Apply a deep purple mascara to the lashes.
5. Take the same Make Up For Ever 4L Eyeliner and run it over the original line to enhance the purple pigment.
6. While looking up, wiggle the Make Up For Ever 4L Eyeliner through the lashes.
7. Take the same deep purple mascara and wiggle through the bottom lashes.
1. Apply MAC Cosmetics Plum Dressing Eyeshadow on the tip of a domed brush
2. While looking up, run the product under the lower lash line without connecting it to the outer or inner parts of the eye.
3. Apply a gold mascara to the tips of the lashes.
3. YSL Vinyl Couture No. 2 Mascara (Alternative: Styli-Style Colorlash Purple)
5. YSL Vinyl Couture No. 9 (Alternative: Hard Candy Lash Tinsel Glitter Mascara Gold)
What do you think of this look for green eyes? Is it something you’d be interested in? Tell us in the comments below!