What To Bring: Yoga 101
So you're off to yoga for the first time. Here are some things you definitely want to bring. Now they may seem obvious, but you might value some of these things way more once you see them in action. Remember it doesn't really matter what you're wearing as long as you're comfortable and ready to work muscles you probably didn't even know existed.
Take a look at our list of things you must bring to yoga class. What are your essentials? Comment below!
1. Gap Athleta Chaturanga Capri - It might seem obvious, since everyone wears tights or leggings to yoga, but you really don't want to show up with loose shorts to yoga. This can lead to you worrying more about your booty coming out in class, rather than focusing on your poses. Tights like these are a really good solutoin to the constant "is-my-underwear-showing" mindset.
2. Urban Outfitters Unique Batik Headwrap - Same priniciple as the tights. You want to make sure all distractions are gone for yoga class. A headband is the perfect way to ensure that when your limbs are intertwined you aren't also tangled in your luscious (and sweaty) locks.
3. adidas Ultimate Tee - Normally I hate wearing super tight clothing, especially to work out, but for yoga I usually make an exception. A tight t-shirt or tank top like this one from adidas is essentially a necessary. Whenever I've worn a bigger shirt to yoga I usually find myself taking it off after it completely covers my face during the first downward dog. Get a tight shirt or one you can tuck in, you'll thank me later.
4. Lululemon Om For All Bag - If you're going to class from work you probably have to bring a change of clothes. Get yourself a cute bag big enough to carry both your work and yoga clothes, you won't regret it. It's important to grab a sports bag you're not embarassed to bring with you to work, dinner, shopping, etc. If you like your sports bag you're probably going to bring workout clothes to the office more often, then you'll probably go to yoga more, and that sounds like a win win to me!
5. Angel By Victoria's Secret Sport Bra - I know that these sport bras are not the cheapest out there, but this is just not an area you want to skimp on. The Victoria's Secret sport bras are really comfortable and have styles to fit everyone's needs. You can even pick a sport bra based on your color preferences, support needs, and activity level.
6. Bobble Water Bottle from Target - Get a re-usable water bottle. You'll save so much money! And you'll start drinking more water throughout the day, I promise it's sooooo worth it! Anyway, what better way to prepare for yoga then to hydrate?
Most importantly bring an OPEN MIND! You'd be surprised what your body can do, don't count something out just because you it looks hard. Also remember that no matter what, yoga is all about you, so just do your best that day.