We All Scream For....Banana Cream!
I recently realized that I haven't really made many desserts this summer. Most of the summer has been spent drinking water and staying hydrated to avoid death. Summer in California is no joke, people. For real. So, this week I decided to pump up the AC and spend my time whipping up a couple of delicious recipes to share with you all. I think you're going to love this one! It's adult and kid-approved.
2 (3.4 ounce) packages JELL-O Banana Flavored Pudding
3 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Cream Puff shell:
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup white chocolate melting disks (or chips), melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl, then gradually mix in Cool Whip. Cover and place in refrigerator to chill.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in flour, salt, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Place in refrigerator and allow mixture to cool for about 6-8 minutes, or until no longer warm.
4. Place in a mixer (or use a hand mixer) and beat on medium-high speed, adding eggs one at a time and mixing well between each addition.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons full of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, poke holes in each of the shells, then cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove shells from oven, allow to cool, cut in half, fill each shell with a generous amount of banana cream mixture, along with a couple of banana slices and replace top.
8. Drizzle cream puffs with melted white chocolate and place in fridge for about 5 minutes and allow chocolate to harden.
This makes about 20 medium-sized cream puffs.
Enjoy!! xox Devi
For more fun recipes & tips from Devi head to her blog at diddlesanddumplings.com!