Treat Yourself: White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
It’s almost holiday season and that means tons of cookies and dessert coming my way! I hate going empty handed to a dinner party so I usually whip up a quick batch of cookies to bring with me. I like to make a double batch of these cookies early in the month and freeze the dough so all I have to do is bake them on the day of each party! These cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies are a huge crowd pleaser. The sourness from the cranberries and the creamy white chocolate makes these super addictive! Try them for yourself!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 dozen
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter until it’s nice and fluffy. Add brown sugar and white sugar to the butter and cream for 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in 2 additions, mixing well in between.
5. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries into the dough.
6. Place tablespoons of cookie dough on a parchment-covered baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges just start browning. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minute then transfer to a rack. Enjoy with a nice tall glass of milk!\
See more delicious recipes at Hetal's blog, Pretty Polymath!