Top-Rated Acne-Healing Dots
Based on 1,589 Influenster Reviews
Blemish-fighting stickers that are a potent antidote against breakouts? Yes, these exist! Influensters have left great reviews on these acne-fighting stickers, but would you try them? Read on to see what Influesnters everywhere are saying.
If only we had known about these in high school...
They don't peel off easily since I can sleep an entire night and wake with them still attached to my face. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who has acne or needs help with a bad break out. ...read more
Do leave each dot on the area for at least eight hours -- it needs time to work. So make sure the skin is clean and dry (no moisturizer) before you apply the dot.
For reference, I get cystic and hormonal acne - two or three show up in any given month, or sometimes more when I am not taking care of myself.
You get clear sheets of dots in two sizes. The smaller dots are good for tiny zits that crop up and the larger dots are for the embarrassing Mount Krakatoa size. I wash and follow with toner, then blot my skin dry, then stick the dot to the affected area, and leave it there for at least eight hours.
1. Each clear dot is coated with salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and hyaluronic acid to battle the zit while you wear the dot.
2. The dot is comfortable; it feels like a tiny Band-Aid, and I soon forget it's there.
3. The dots do not tingle or irritate.
4. The adhesive is strong enough to keep them on all day at work, or all night while you sleep. Yet they are easy to peel off.
5. If you only wear one or two it's unlikely that anyone will notice them, although the plastic is shiny and catches the light.
6. Compact and flat and easy to toss in your makeup kit without taking up much space.
1. Not entirely "invisible." From certain angles; light will hit the dot like a round piece of Scotch tape on your skin. But it's less noticeable than little round clear Band-Aids, which is what I used in high school over large blemishes when I was desperate.
2. Expensive if you use them frequently.
3. Not as effective as antibiotics, but you'd need a prescription for those.
4. This seems to work gently, and won't make blemishes instantly vanish with a snap of the fingers. The recommended wearing time per dot is eight hours.
It's not a miracle, but it speeds up recovery time. I think the dots shrank my zits faster than if I hadn't used this product. I recommend getting the smaller, cheaper packet first. That way you can decide whether they are right for you, and you'll know after using 24.
$12 for 24 dots or $30 for 72 dots via Sephora! ...read more