The Crowd-Pleasing Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? It’s an all-American classic. I have tried several recipes in the past until I realized that I could create and perfect my own. If you like chewy, big, and rich chocolate chip cookies, then this is the recipe for you. Beware: if you make these delicious cookies and bring them to a gathering, do not expect to bring any home with you because they WILL be gone.
What you need:
1 ½ sticks of salted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon of baking soda
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Melt butter in microwave
3. Mix in brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract gradually
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt gradually and mix until it is all uniform
5. Add in chocolate.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough on baking sheets. We like to scoop out dough with ice cream scoopers so that they all look the same. We also like to line our baking sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up
7. Bake cookies until edges are light brown. Keep an eye on these because time varies by oven. We suggest checking up on them at about 5 minutes
8. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk
What's your chocolate chip cookie recipe? Share in the comments below!