Thanksgiving Inspo: Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin has to be my favorite recipe so far. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE pulled pork, but this challenge made this recipe so much more enjoyable when I pulled it out of the oven!
You may be wondering how this could possibly be hard, and honestly it’s not for the normal person, but for me, tying a tenderloin together while also trying to hold it together, did prove to be tricky! Thankfully, I managed just fine, and this bad boy looked, smelled, and tasted AMAZING!
1 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic pork tenderloin
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3 tbsp butter
1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
1 tsp garlic powder
? cup bread crumbs
1 container of goat cheese
kitchen twine for rolling and tying tenderloin
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pan.
3.Add onion and drained spinach. Cook until onion is soft then add garlic powder, and bread crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Butterfly your tenderloin
5. Add a layer of cheese (use the entire container)
6. Then add the spinach mixture
7. Roll your tenderloin tightly and secure with twine.
8. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45 - 60 minutes
9. Check temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is done. (Temp should read 145F.)
Check out more great recipes from Shasta at her blog, Faithfully Free!