I don't know about you but as the holidays approach I always feel hungrier in general. Must be some primitive hibernation mode kicking in, don't you think? Either way it means that I'm even more likely to make some naughty snacking decisions in my constantly ravenous state.
Here are some satisfying and healthier snack alternatives as we get through the cooler months ahead:
1. Peanut Butter - PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor, but with nearly 85% less fat calories. PB2 is made with high quality peanuts that are slow-roasted and pressed to remove the oil. Simply add water to create traditional peanut butter mixture. All natural with no artificial flavors, or preservatives. PB2 can be reconstituted with any liquid of choice - water, juice, etc., to make smoothies, or shakes, eaten as a powder, or used in cooking and baking.
2. Trailmix - Allgood Provisions makes a High Antioxidant mix full of jumbo Thompson raisins, domestic almonds, roasted salted pumpkin seeds, walnuts, goji berries, dried sweetened cranberries, and mulberries - all organic of course!
3. Popcorn - Angie's Boom Chicka Sweet and Spicy Popcorn is the next step to fire up your next movie night! Made in small batches, Angie's Sweet and Spicy Popcorn contains dashes of paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper to give it that extra kick. This popcorn is verified non-GMO, contains no high-fructose corn syrup and never has artificial colors or flavors!
4. Pumpkin Seeds - Dry roasted organic pumpkin seeds lightly coated with a bit or organic Eden tamari soy sauce mixed with organic garlic powder and organic cayenne pepper. Eden's Pumpkin Seeds are low sodium and rich in healthy fiber, protein, and magnesium. A good source of iron and zinc.
5. Gluten Free Chips - Life Foods Light Sea Salt Plentils are truly unique. Made of protein-rich lentils, this chip's unique recipe results in a protein-packed, crunchy experience, bursting with flavor as you savor a great-tasting 'better-for-you' chip. No trans fat, no artificial ingredients, vegan, kosher, gluten-free and casein-free.
6. Holiday Cider - Braggs Apple Cinnamon Flavor Apple Cider Vinegar Drink is a convenient pre-mixed drink based on Paul and Patricia Bragg's original recipe. Each 16oz. bottle is only 32 calories and contains 8g of sugar. It's a delicious, healthy, refreshing drink made with organic apple cider vinegar, organic apple juice and organic cinnamon, sweetened with natural stevia. So much healthier than traditional sugar-filled apple cider beverages and no wonky preservatives or artificial flavorings either.
Want even more shopping hacks and budget inspiration? Visit Lisa's blog: Think Like a Boss Lady!