Pancake Recipe Ideas and Toppings That Look as Good as They Taste
Buh bye basic breakfast!
Pancakes. A breakfast favorite, but really a perfect any-time food choice, especially if you are looking to break up the daily grind with a little foodie-inspired fun. Whether you prefer your pancakes the classic way or like to get inventive with your stack, we have your next breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner covered.
First let's start with the basics:
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- In another larger bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk, sugar and salt. Once dissolved, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the batter is a bit lumpy. You do not want to make the batter overly smooth, some lumps are okay.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Get to the griddle and place made pancakes on an oven-safe dish until your entire stack is complete.
Pancake Box Mixes
A premade pancake mix can save you a few minutes, so that you can spend more time on the fun part — the part where you eat. Here are some Influenster favorites:
- Mrs. Butterworth's Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- General Mills Bisquick™ Baking Mix
- Krusteaz® Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Pancake & Waffle Mix Whole Grain Mix
Picture Perfect Pancake Recipes
Looking for a not-so-basic breakfast, dress up your stack with one of the below ideas.
Give your morning stack a zesty twist.
Get two breakfast favorites in one with this pancake recipe idea.
Pineapple Upside Down
Fun, fun, fun is what we think when we take a look at this tropical spin.
Could life get any sweeter than starting your day off with a Nutella stuffed anything?
Banana Bread Pancakes
Another breakfast favorite mash up, you can't go wrong.
Not-So Plain Pancakes
Sometimes, you're just in the mood for the good ole' taste of plain pancakes. With the below ideas, you can still can a bite of nostalgia with a modern day spin.
Mini Pancake Cereal
Simply scoop out less batter at a time to make this delicious spin.
Giant Instant Pot Pancake
Put your Instant Pot to new use to make this massive pancake. Be sure to grease your pot really well!
Extra egg whites help this stack stand out.
Butter, syrup, even whipped cream are all perfectly fine pancake toppers, but why not top off your hot cakes with something a little unexpected like:
- Sauteed Apple
- Coconut Flakes
- Maple Syrup and Bacon
- Yogurt, Honey and Nuts
What's your favorite way to make pancakes? Let us know in the comments and be sure to share the products you use too!