Influenster Talks: Adding the Influenster Blog Widget
If someone writes a product review on their blog, and the Influenster widget isn’t on it, did the review really happen? This and other philosophical thoughts to ponder while you’re deciding which snazzy Influenster widget to add to your little corner of the internet, like: Why is there something rather than nothing? Is the universe real? What are numbers? Whoa.
But before we dive too deep here, let’s start with something easy: Adding the Influenster widget to your blog. Why add the widget? Well, adding the widget can increase your chances of getting a VoxBox! The simplicity of that argument astounds even us.
First, log in to your Influenster account & go to the Social Connect section of your dashboard. Scroll down to the "Your Blog" section and click "Get Widget".
There, you will see an array of widget options - select one and then enter your Blogger, tumblr or Wordpress address to generate your unique code. (If you have more than one type of blog, the same widget code will work for each, i.e. a tumblr generated code will work on your Wordpress blog.)
Got your code? OK. Below, we walk you through how to turn that code into bling for your Blog, tumblr, or Wordpress!
1. After you’ve generated your code from your dashboard, open a second tab on your browser and log in to your Blogger account at blogspot.com. On the left-hand menu, click “Layout.”
2. On the Layout page, choose where you would like to place your badge by clicking the appropriate “Add a Gadget Box.”
5. Back on the Layout page, you can preview the badge on your profile and save the arrangement. Voilá! Your blog is officially Influenster certified!
1. After you’ve received your code from your dashboard, open a second tab on your browser and log in to your tumblr account at tumblr.com. After logging in, go to your site and click “Edit theme” at the top right corner.
2. A menu will appear on the left-hand side of your screen. Paste your widget code in the “Description” box.*
3. You will see a live preview of the widget on your blog. Click “Save.” Your Tumblr is now Influenster Official!
*For those of you who are familiar with html coding, you may also go straight into “Edit HTML” and paste the widget code between the tags of your tumblr’s html, depending on where you would like your widget to appear. This is not recommended for those not fluent in html.
1. After you’ve received your codes from www.influenster.com/dashboard/social-impact, open a second tab on your browser and log in to your WordPress account at WordPress.com. Click on “My sites” at the top left corner of the page.
2. On the left-hand menu, click on “Themes.”
3. Click “customize.”
4. On the left-hand menu, click on “Widgets.”
5. Depending on where you want to put your widget, click on any of the options: Sidebar, Footer 1, 2, or 3.
6. On the left-hand menu, click “Add widget.”
7. In the menu that pops up, scroll down or search for the “Text” widget and click on it.
8. Paste your widget code into the content box.
9. Voilá! Your Wordpress blog is now Influenster official!
All finished? Awesome! Now you are showing off your Influenster pride for everyone to see.
Happy blogging everyone!