How to Transition Your Wardrobe: Winter to Spring
Spring has finally sprung—at least in the fashion world, that is! While the cold temperatures still linger, it’s high time to start transitioning towards spring wardrobes. Soon enough the snow will melt and the flowers will peek through, meaning we need to be ready and looking our best for the blooming of spring. But with how unpredictable the weather is, knowing how to dress can be difficult. Check out these tips to make your transition from winter to spring seamless.
1. Chunky Layers, Light Accessories → Chunky Accessories, Light Layers
With all the heavy layers packed on during the winter season, it can be hard to find ways to accessorize. As the temperatures gradually rise, lighten up your layers and throw on your favorite statement jewelry to welcome spring!
2. Brighten up
As the skies clear and flowers begin blooming, celebrate the return of color by brightening up your wardrobe. Neons and pastels are equally festive ways to style up your outfits with pops of color.
3. Embrace prints
While solids are the staple winter wardrobe pieces, it’s time to have a bit more fun and throw some prints into the mix. Try out some animal prints, polka dots, stripes, or florals to play up your ensemble.
4. Crop it
Better weather means (slowly, but surely) starting to reveal a bit more skin! Look for cropped sweaters or pants for a fresh look that’s sure to pair great with your other spring pieces.
Here are some of my favorite pieces that’ll work well in transitioning your wardrobe from winter to spring:
1. Sweaters: Perfect for layering. Try out this sweater from Forever 21; stripes are a great pattern for spring!
2. Fur vests: Not too warm, not too cold, all the more chic! Try this white fur vest from ASOS that’s sure to match any color combo.
3. Button-ups: Whether by themselves or layered under a light sweater, button-ups like this one from Land’s End are a classic fit for either winter or spring wardrobes.
4. Booties: While it’s not quite warm enough to rock the sandals yet, you can still stay fashion forward with booties that go with any outfit from either season. Check out these beautiful chelsea boots from Free People!
5. Leather jackets: Such a quintessential piece to pull together a look that’s edgy yet never seems to go out of style. One of my favorites is this H&M biker jacket.
What other ideas do you have to transition your wardrobe from the winter to spring season? Share with us in the comments below!