It's Shark Week!! While I love to watch special upon special, airing on Discovery, this year is a little different because I have a shark lover of my own now! From the Octonauts to the bite of the Great White, my little one can't get enough of undersea creatures. In order to maximize the fun of shark week, but not to be glued to the TV for hours everyday, I did a roundup of some fun shark recipes, games and crafts to keep chomping at the fun! How do you celebrate shark week?
1. DIY Shark Pallet Wall Art: If you are in need of some Shark Wall Art, try this homemade pallet art from Sand and Sisal. If I knew my way around a saw, I'd make some for my son Red!
2. Don't Wake the Shark Matching Game: If you have a toddler like I do, try printing out or creating your own matching game themed around fish and sharks. The goal of the game? Match all the fish WITHOUT waking up the shark (matching those two shark pieces). Laminate and toss in a bag for portable shark fun!
3. Shark Tooth Cheese (& other Shark party ideas) like the Shark Snowglobe: Love the Day has some fabulous ideas for hosting a shark party. My favorite was the little bowl of "shark teeth" cheese triangles and the homemade Shark Snowglobe. You may have seen things like this around Christmas on Pinterest.
4. Paper Plate Shark Jaws: This is a classic! Cut a paper plate into the shape of shark jaws with great big teeth for a biting playtime!
5. Homemade Shark Costume: Red would love a homemade shark costume! Turn a hoodie that's a little worn (or new if you have a shark lover) into a shark! Add felted teeth, great big eyes and even a dorsal fin for extra fun.
6. Watermelon Shark Fruit Salad: This excellent tutorial by PopSugar will help you turn that extra summer watermelon into a shark fruit salad. Do you dare stick your spoon in there?!
7. Crafty Shark Hat: How cute is this little hat by ModCloth's blog? Made from construction paper, it suits all ages in your family. Maybe you should see who can wear it the longest!
BONUS! Shark Week Drinking Game for the parents out there!
8.Shark Week Drinking Game: Now, for the adults out there, I found a Shark Week Drinking Game. Created by The Clueless Girl's Guide, you can print out your "rules" list for your party guests and sip your way into a Mako Shark evening. Just be sure to imbibe responsibly!
Did you absolutely love this? You can check out more amazing DIYs & Mom tips from Lindsey at redheadbabymama.com!