15-Minute Halloween Eye Makeup: Pokemon
When it comes to dressing up, Halloween is the time to go all out. But, planning a winning costume doesn't have to mean months of preparation and beaucoup bucks dropped. In fact, many Halloween looks can be created with the makeup you already have in your beauty kit!
If that doesn't sound easy enough, many of our beauty-centric costume ideas rely solely on a stellar eye look. With that in mind, we created four super easy eye looks to try this Halloween using the makeup products you likely already own! Earlier, we showed you a Twiggy-esque lashy look and a sultry Gatsby-inspired smokey eye. Now we're getting playful with some Pokemon-inspired lids.
The Look: vibrant, Pokeball-inspired peepers
Metallic foil yellow eyeshadow like Lime Crime Superfoils Duo in Gilded Carriage/Glass Slipper ($18)
Inky black eyeliner like Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($20)
Yellow eyeliner pencil like essence Effect Eye Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in Gold Digger ($3)
Gray eyeliner pencil like essence Smokey Eye Pencil in Grey to Meet You ($3)
A palette with white pigment like Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow Palette 4 ($49)
Classic red lipstick like Revlon Love is On Super Lustrous Lipstick ($9)
1. Using an eye brush, apply your cherry red lipstick in a semi-circle shape on the lower portion of the eyelid, covering only half of the lid. Layer your red lipstick to get your desired shade of red.
2. Next, take the gold eye pencil and fill in the remaining portion of the lid from the crease to the brow. This will serve as your base shadow color. Extend the gold color under the lower lash line so the lid is completely surrounded with gold pigment.
3. Use the smokey eye pencil to outline the red color on the eye. This creates the outline of the Pokeball! Smudge out the gray toward the outer corners.
4. Take your black liquid liner and follow your upper lash line to create a fully-lined cat eye. Exaggerate the wing to get a Halloween-ready lid!
5. Using thing eyeliner brush, apply a touch of white shadow to the lower lash line. Apply white pigment at the inner eye at the tear duct to finish off the Pokeball!
6. Apply gold foil shadow as directed to the upper portion of the eyelid and brow bone to give definition and dimension.
What Halloween makeup looks have you tried? What are your go-to products? Let us know!