When it comes to dressing up, Halloween is the time to go all out. But, planning a winning costume doesn't have to mean months of preparation and beaucoup bucks dropped. In fact, many Halloween looks can be created with the makeup you already have in your beauty kit!
If that doesn't sound easy enough, many of our beauty-centric costume ideas rely solely on a stellar eye look. With that in mind, we created four super easy eye looks to try this Halloween using the makeup products you likely already own! Earlier, we showed you a Twiggy-inspired look. Up next: A sexy, smokey eye à la a 1920s flapper.
The Look: a sultry, lived-in eye (and blood red lip!) perfect for any Gatsby-esque soirée
Rich brown eyeshadow like essence The Velvets Mr. Mocha Bean ($2.49)
Kajal liner and shadow like Revlon Colorstay 2-in-1 Angled Kajal (coming this fall!)
Deep burgundy lipstick like ARDENCY INN Black Is Red Lipstick ($27)
1. Begin by swiping the brown eyeshadow across the entire lid as a base color.
2. Apply the kajal liner on the top lash line. Carry the liner out through the crease of the eyelid. Use a makeup sponge or brush to carefully blend out the kajal so it becomes smokey and blends fully with the first layer of shadow.
3. Apply more of the brown shadow over the kajal liner, concentrating on the crease and outside corner of the lid. This creates the hazy, sultry look that's perfect for a flapper costume!
4. Top off with your favorite mascara to complete the eyes.
5. Finish with a red lipstick so deep you can't help but match your favorite red wine!
What Halloween makeup looks have you tried? What are your go-to products? Let us know!