Get the Look: P!NK's Ombré Nails at Billboard Music Awards
An iconic look for the ICON Winner
The 2021 Billboard Music Awards took place this past weekend, May 23, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA. Nick Jonas hosted the annual music industry awards show where American singer and songwriter P!NK was honored with the Icon Award. The Icon Award "recognizes outstanding artists who have achieved excellence on the Billboard charts and have made an indelible mark on music itself." P!NK is the tenth artist to receive the award, joining the ranks of Garth Brooks (2020), Mariah Carey (2019), Janet Jackson (2018), Cher (2017), Celine Dion (2016), Jennifer Lopez (2014), Prince (2013), Stevie Wonder (2012), and Neil Diamond (2011).
As part of her big night prep, P!NK turned to friend and celebrity manicurist, Michelle Saunders James, to create a custom ombré nail look. James used four shades of Nailtopia polish (available at Ulta) for a custom look that’s easy to replicate at home.
“P!nk wore a vibrant fuchsia gown for the red carpet and it inspired me to think monochromatic but with a modern twist. I knew that applying four Nailtopia colors would create a custom ombré manicure that could look spectacular at every angle throughout the rest of the evening including both performances and the acceptance of her Billboard Icon Award.”
- Michelle Saunders James
How to Get the Ombré Nail Look:
1. Grab four similar shades of nail polish. James used: That's Hot, Bird of Paradise, Think Pink, and Bronze and Boujee for P!NK's signature look. Nailtopia has more than 76 shades!
2. Take a triangular make up sponge and trim the thinnest part of the sponge with a small scissor to create the shape of a nail.
3. Paint a stripe of each color equally on the sponge.
4. “Sponge/stamp” the colors on each nail twice
5. Finish with a shiny topcoat. James used Nailtopia Top Coat.
If you try this look for yourself, be sure to share pics in our #NailArt Gallery. (Influenster App required to upload photos to galleries.)
You can watch P!NK's acrobatic performance with daughter Willow at the 2021 Billboard Music Awards below.