Get the Look: Sofia Carson at 2020 MTV Video Music Awards
The Revlon Brand Ambassador presented an award at the VMAs
Last night, the American cable channel MTV held its annual Video Music Awards (VMAs) in New York City, hosted by Keke Palmer. While the socially distanced affair skipped staples like a traditional red carpet, it featured all the musical performances and glam we have come to expect from the awards show.
Actor, singer, and Revlon Ambassador, Sofia Carson, was one of the evening's presenters. She presented the "Video for Good" award to winner H.E.R. and encouraged the audience to vote in upcoming elections, saying "All artists in this category have shed light on the issues that they care most about through the power of their voices, and now, it's time to use yours. Make a difference in your community's future, in our country's future, unmute your voice, and speak up about what you believe in. Register to vote because your vote is your voice."
If you loved Sofia's glamorous look, you're in luck as we got the inside scoop from her MUA, celebrity makeup artist Karan Mitchell. You can follow the step-by-step process for her awards show look below.
1. First, Karan primed Sofia's skin with Revlon PhotoReady Prime Plus Perfecting & Smoothing Primer. "Just a little goes a long way," Karan says, "I applied it to the t-zone with a soft synthetic blending brush.
2. "I began her makeup with the eyes. We used the bold soft plum from the Revlon ColorStay Looks Book Eyeshadow Palette in 920 Enigma blended over her entire eyelid. It is a perfect palette to really bring out the green in Sofia’s eyes. I used a round shaped shadow brush to tap on product and a clean blending eyeshadow brush to make diffusing shadow easy."
3. "Then to the skin. With a dampened sponge, I applied Revlon ColorStay Makeup in 285 Shell, and with a small blending brush I applied Revlon ColorStay Concealer in 015 Light Pale to the t-zone. Blending under the eye with a smaller beauty sponge I used the Revlon PhotoReady Candid Anti-Pollution Setting Powder in 001 to set the concealer, and Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder was swept on with a soft kabuki brush to set the foundation."
4. "I applied Revlon SkinLights Prismatic Bronzer in 115 Sunkissed Beam to the contour of her cheeks and on the sides of the temples to give a warmth to the skin. For highlight to the cheekbones and bridge of her nose, I used the Revlon SkinLights Prismatic Highlighter in 301 Daybreak Glimmer."
5. "Her brows were brushed upward and lightly touched up with the Revlon ColorStay Brow Pencil in 230 Dark Brown."
6. "For her lips she chose one of her signature shades, Revlon x Sofia Carson Super Lustrous The Luscious Mattes in Untold Stories. We used Revlon Super Lustrous The Gloss in Snow Pink to finish the look. Gloss on the center of the bottom lip adds the perfect final touch."
Did you recreate Sophia's VMA 2020 makeup look? Have your own take on red carpet beauty? Share your pictures in our #glamgame gallery!