Get Cozy With Some Chai...Bundt Cake!
Today I want to share this delicious chocolate chai bundt cake recipe. I used Tazo’s Chocolate Chai Latte concentrate to make the icing and the spices make it a great dessert to welcome in the fall. (what! where did my summer go?! ) The cake is dense and buttery and the icing has a nice warm, spicy flavor with a hint of chocolate. The only reason I even made this was because I found a mini bundt cake pan on sale for $2 at a estate sale! Score! If you don’t have a mini bundt cake pan, this recipe will make 1 large bundt cake as well. Enjoy! :-)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 Mini Bundt Cakes or 1 large Bundt Cake
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or paste
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Chocolate Chai Icing
1-2 tbsp Tazo Chocolate Chai Latte
1 cup powdered sugar
chocolate shavings (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a whisk.
3. Next, add in the eggs, vanilla extract/paste, and yogurt. Mix well with a whisk.
4. Add the flour and whisk together. The batter will be nice and thick!
5. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan or mini bundt cake pan. If you're using a mini bundt cake pan, be sure to fill each mold 3/4 of the way.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Run a knife along the edges of the cake to loosen them up and flip onto a flat surface. Cook on a rack until completely cold.
For the Icing
7. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the Tazo Chocolate Chai Latte concentrate and powdered sugar. Make sure there are no lumps. Spoon about 1.5 teaspoons of icing onto each mini cake and sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Enjoy!
See more delicious recipes from Hetal at her blog, Pretty Polymath!