Yummy Dessert Recipes & No-Hassle Drinks For Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day Weekend is a time to gather with your family and friends to celebrate and remember those who have served our country. Everyone loves to enjoy this day with loads of food and happiness. That's why we rounded up four delicious desserts and canned cocktails (no bartender needed!) to help you top off your Memorial Day festivities!
First, let's dig into desserts
Firecracker Jell-O Cups
These patriotic treats are just as cute as they are delicious and family friendly!
1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1 1/3 cups boiling Water
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
Maraschino Cherries -drained
Whip It Up
1. Place blue gelatin in a bowl and add 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir well until dissolved and allow to cool.
2. Fill each cup 1/3 full of blue and place in refrigerator.
3. Add 1/3 cup of milk to another bowl and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over top.
4. Heat remaining 2/3 cup of milk to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in sugar to dissolve.
5. Add heated milk to gelatin/milk mixture and stir until blended.Allow to cool.
6. Gently fill all cups the next 1/3 of the way with white mixture and return to refrigerator.
7. Place red gelatin in a bowl and add 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir well until dissolved and allow to cool.
8. Place a cherry on top of each glass and add about 1/4″ of red gelatin to each.
9. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
10. Pull from refrigerator and try to adjust to get stems to point upward.
11. Fill each cup the rest of the way with red and place in refrigerator
Chocolate Dipped Banana Split
This slightly healthier (but still indulgent) take on the banana split is calling our names!
Whip It Up
1. Peel and cut the tips off the banana. Then cut the banana into 3 slices.
2. Place the candy melts into a small bowl and microwave for one minute, or until melted.
3. Stir the candy coating and then dip the banana into the chocolate.
4. Add the sprinkles to the sides.
5. Place bananas on a piece of wax paper to set.
6. When ready to serve, add whipped topping and a cherry on top.
Cupcake In A Jar
These unique and creative mason jar cupcakes are just as adorable as they are delicious! A fantastic treat to hand out to guests before they head home.
2 boxes of White Cake Mix
Whip it up
1. Mix up two separate batters—one with red food coloring and one with blue
2. Bake the cake batter on two separate cookie sheets lined with parchment paper , this will make it easier to crumble into the jars
3. Once the cake is baked let cool
4. Begin the process of laying the cake by adding a layer of red cake pieces on the bottom of the Mason Jar.
5. Then add a layer of the frosting
6. Add a layer of blue cake and then for the final layer of frosting
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
Who says dessert can't taste amazing and be healthy? This delicious pudding is packed with fruit and energy perfect for Memorial Day!
One can light coconut milk
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup chia seeds
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups blueberries
2 cups raspberries
Whip It Up
1. In a small bowl, stir together the coconut milk, powdered sugar or honey, vanilla, and chia seeds, and set aside in the refrigerator for at least a half hour.
2. Divide the strawberries between eight glasses or bowls. Top with a couple of
tablespoons of the chia pudding.
3. Divide the blueberries between eight glasses or bowls. Divide the remaining coconut chia pudding between the eight dishes.
4. Top each with several raspberries, dividing equally between the dishes.
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Now, let's cheers
Memorial Day is essentially a kick off to the summer and for us, new beverage brand Tinto Amorio is the perfect drink to cheers to warmer weather with. Why? Not only is it 100% gluten free, made with all natural ingredients and just 110 calories, but they donate 5% of every sale to an organization or charity. We also love that the cans are easy to throw in a tote and no ingredients needed. Choose from:
A sparkling white wine spritz with lemon and a hint of mint.
A lightly sparking red wine cocktail with lemon.
What are you doing this Memorial Day? Which dessert above sounds most delicious to you? Let us know in the comments below!