Cooking with thyme: Easy recipe hack
RECIPE: Thyme-encrusted pork with carrots and potatoes
McCormick Gourmet Thyme is a great way to spice up a simple weeknight dinner. I got a little excited and included it in all three elements of my meal. Check it out:
This meal was super simple to make and really delicious thanks to the added herbs. Pounding the pork before dredging it also helped to speed up cooking time. I'll walk you through the easy steps to make this meal.
Steps for pork:
2. Beat two eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Tenderize pork by pounding it lightly on a board inside of a plastic bag. (I like to use the Hefty Freezer Zip bags because they're really sturdy.) If you don't have a mallet, the bottom of a glass works just as well!
4. Dredge each pork cutlet in the egg, then the breadcrumbs (making sure to evenly cover both sides) and place on a lightly-oiled baking sheet.
5. Cook in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes.
6. For the carrots and potatoes, I simply heated a bit of butter on the stove, added some thyme, then the veggies. I gave the whole thing a sprinkle of salt and pepper and popped those in the oven with the pork and let them bake at the same time.
How do you cook with thyme? Share your meal ideas in the comments below!