Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I love me some pizza. Tomatoes, bread, and cheese- what’s not to love? Unfortunately, my body has now come to a heart breaking conclusion that I can’t have it every day like in college. Pinterest came to my rescue with this healthy cauliflower crust pizza from One Little Project at a Time! It isn’t as crispy or chewy like pizza, but it is a yummy healthier replacement. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak veggies into a meal for kids! Try it for yourself!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: one 10 inch pizza
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese
1⁄4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp dried basil
1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1 large egg
Olive oil for brushing
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
2. Process the cauliflower florets in a food processer until it looks like rice. Pour the cauliflower “rice” into a microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes.
3. Dump the cauliflower “rice” onto a paper towel and clean cheese cloth. Let the cauliflower cool. Once cool, wring out as much water as you can. This is important to get a firm dough!
4. Add all the ingredients with the cauliflower into a large bowl and mix. Use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
5. Place the dough on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper sprayed with cooking oil. Use your hands to pat the dough out into a 1⁄4 inch thick pizza crust.
6. Brush the crust with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and top with your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake for another 7-10 minutes. I put mine under the broiler until the cheese started brown as well, which is optional. Enjoy while hot!
See more delicious recipes at Hetal's blog, Pretty Polymath!