Our Influensters already know that 2018 was full of amazing brands as well as some stellar, award-winning products. But their love of beauty doesn't just stop with products. This year saw a number of noteworthy trends in the form of buzzy ingredients, Insta-worthy products, and more. As we take a look back at 2018, check out five top beauty trends that our Influenter editors loved.
1. CBD: If you haven't heard of CBD-powered beauty products, you may have been living under a rock all of 2018! We can't think of an ingredient to have more of an impact on the beauty world than CBD. The cannabinoid-based ingredient is rich in natural properties that have been used in anything from hand cream to face cream to even the high point in the makeup world, mascara. When you hear CBD, chances are you think of MILK Makeup and their KUSH collection, which kicked off with the KUSH High Volume Mascara, and now spans brow and lip products.
2. Skintertainment: At-home spa care was big across the board. Bubble baths, jade rolling, and glitter masks. The do-it-at-home skincare category blew up in 2018. And what's more, a large part of it became centered around "getting the pic." Skincare that's designed to be photo-worthy was all the rage this year from metallic foil under eye masks from Wander Beauty to ultra violet to GLAMGLOW's ready-to-snap-in-60-seconds face mask. If it was good for your skin and the 'Gram, it was likely big this year.
3. Eyeshadow singles: Although we'll always be fans of palettes, we have a new love for the solo shadow. The trend of eyeshadow singles was huge in 2018, and we're all about living that single life. Not only is it a great way to test the waters out on a new perhaps wild shade, but it's also a great way to stock up on some of your more beloved go-tos. And brands from the drugstore to the department store hopped on board. One of our top contenders for standout star came from Marc Jacobs Beauty with the O!Mega Gel Powder Eyeshadow. In fact, we loved this take on the single trend so much that we sent them in a VoxBox!
4. Scalp care: It may not be the most sexy trend of the year, but it was low-key the most practical. For far too long if you ask us, hair has taken center stage when the scalp is equally important to a good hair day. No longer are dandruff or dry scalp hush hush. Luxury brands like Oribe got in on the battle against dandruff with their Serene Scalp Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, while dpHUE upped their cleansing and exfoliating scalp game with the Influenster Award Winning Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp Scrub.
5. All things jelly: We called this trend way back at the beginning of the year, and boy, are we glad it continued to play out throughout the year! The gel trend of 2018 primarily displayed itself in the skincare world, but it also made an appearance in makeup. From gel creams for the body like Sol de Janeiro's new Coco Cabana Cream to the Instagrammable Farsali Jelly Beam Illuminator that started it all, we were so ready for this jelly in 2018!
Try it: FARSÁLI Jelly Beam Illuminator
Agree or disagree with us? Drop us a comment below with your top trend of 2018!