Sometimes the beauty gods bless us with one holy grail item that improves the way we do our makeup forever. Right now, that new product is the bareMinerals BAREPRO® 16-Hour Concealer. This new long-lasting concealer stick is almost too good to be true. Say hello to the perfect crease-proof, waterproof, won't-stop coverage we've all been waiting for.
The BAREPRO® 16-Hour Concealer is formulated with bamboo stem extract to smooth the look of pores and fine lines. But the good-for-skin ingredients don't stop there. Antioxidant-rich raspberry seed oil, blackcurrant seed oil and sea lavender help hydrate, nourish, and defend your skin from the damaging effects of environmental stressors. And, of course, we have to mention the shade range! This highly pigmented formula is available in 15 shades that precisely match the BAREPRO® Liquid and Powder Foundations, so you can create your perfect BAREPRO regimen.
Because this concealer is so creamy and blendable (with staying power like no other), there's no wrong way to use it. From tackling dark circles to creating the perfect contour, it does it all. Follow along below for our fave application tips.
How to Apply Concealer for Dark Circles
- Using the shade designed for your skin tone, glide BAREPRO® 16-Hour Concealer under the eyes, starting from the inner corner and moving outward.
- Gently blend in using ring finger and finish by blending with a small, diffusing brush such as the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush.
How to Apply Concealer for Blemishes, Uneven Skin Tone, or Uneven Skin Texture
- Using the shade designed for your skin tone, apply concealer directly from tube.
- Pat in gently with ring finger.
- For fuller coverage, blend out with a small, flat brush such as the Max Coverage Concealer Brush.
- To diffuse coverage, blend with a dual-fiber brush such as the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush.
For best results, finish with a dusting of Mineral Veil® powder using the soft, fluffy Supreme Finisher Brush.
How to Brighten Dull or Sallow Skin with Concealer
- Using the shade designed for your skin tone, or one shade lighter, focus on the center planes of the face to accentuate and add brightness. Applying to the forehead, cheeks, bridge of nose, and chin will help to counteract dullness.
- Blend in using a dense brush, such as the Luxe Performance Brush. For extra precision around the nose, you can also use the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush.
- For best results, finish with a dusting of Mineral Veil® powder using the soft, fluffy Supreme Finisher Brush.
How to Contour and Highlight with Concealer
- Select two shades of concealer, one that is 2-3 intensities deeper and one that is 2-3 intensities lighter than your skin tone, depending on your desired level of contrast.
- Apply the deeper shade in the hollow of the cheeks to sculpt and define cheekbones and along the sides of the forehead near the hairline to visually shorten the forehead.
- Using light pressure, use the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush to apply along sides of nose for a slimming effect.
- Using the lighter shade, apply directly above contour shade on cheeks, down the bridge of nose, center of forehead, and chin to bring light to the center of the face. Using the Blurring Buffer brush, buff in the lighter highlight areas first with long back and forth strokes, then blend in the deeper contour areas.
- Use a smaller brush to blend nose contour, such as the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush.
Are you going to give BAREPRO® 16-Hour Concealer a try? Tell us and let us know what technique is your fave in the comments below!