The Perfect Banana Bread Recipe—But Better
Just when we thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, one click through any food blog right now proved us wrong. This pumpkin spice caramel banana bread has changed our baking game so we had to share.
What you’ll need:
2 cups of all purpose flour & extra to coat pan
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon to coat pan
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs beaten
6 mashed bananas
1/2 cup caramel bits
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle section.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix by hand.
4. Mix in mashed bananas, butter, eggs, and vanilla, beating ingredients until smooth.
5. Add caramel bits in and stir.
6. Pour micture into a properly greased bread pan. To grease, smear butter over entire inside of your pan (approximately 9 x 4 x 4 in size) and cover with flour, tap all around and discard excess.
7. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. (Tip: Check at about 55 minutes as ovens might read differenty.)
8. Remove pan from oven and cool loaf in pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle. This should be about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
What are your favorite fall recipes? Let us know! Let us know in the comments below!