Mouthwatering Valentine's Day Desserts in 10 Steps or LESS
You can skip the restaurant dessert at your Valentine's Day dinner this year AND show your special someone how much you care! These deliciously decadent desserts are a must try this year and the fact that you made it yourself adds that special touch of love! From creamy chocolate to wine-infused truffles, these desserts will have you both smiling from ear to ear.
The best part? These delicious desserts can all be concocted in ten steps or LESS! Nobody said you had to work too hard to spread a little love this Valentine's Day!
This twist on old school cherry pie is jaw dropping! Delicious red cherries topped with adorable hearts...we’re giving this valentine's Day treat a thumbs up!
+ 3 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
+ 1 1/2 tsp Salt
+ 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
+ 1 1/2 Cups (3 sticks) Unsalted Butter
+ 1/2-3/4 Cup Ice Cold Water
+ Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
+ 9’ Pie Pan
+ 2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
1. Place flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a Food Processor. Process until combined.
2. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. With the machine running add the ice water in a slow steady stream through the tube just until the dough starts to hold together. Do not process for longer than 30 seconds.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal parts.
4. Place each piece tightly in plastic wrap and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
5. Once your dough is nice and chilled, pull it out of the refrigerator and roll one section out into a nice round circle to cover the bottom of your pie pan. Place in a 9″ pie pan and flute the edges.
6. Then fill your crust with 2 cans of cherry pie filling.
7. Set aside and pull out the second half of your pie dough, again roll it out
8. Take your heart cookie cutter and cut out a bunch of hearts, and then placed them right on top of the pie in a spiral pattern.
9. Place in an oven preheated to 425 degrees. And bake for 40-45 minutes. You will know it will be done when the edges start to bubble and the top is a nice golden brown.
It’s undeniable that puppy chow may be the most delicious snack ever invited so this festive valentine's day twist is sure to please!
+ 5 ounces white Almond Bark
+ 5 ounces red Candy Melts
+ 1 teaspoon shortening
+ 5 cups chex cereal
+ 1 cup Strawberry Cake Mix
+ ½ cup Powdered Sugar
+ ½ package valentines chocolate M&M's
1. Start by dividing the Chex mix into two bowls. (2½ cup in each)
2. In microwave safe dish, melt the 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chips.
3. Add ½ teaspoon shortening so that the almond bark will spread evenly. Microwave 30 seconds at a time and be careful not to burn the almond bark.
4. Dump this in the first bowl of Chex and mix evenly to coat all of the Chex cereal.
5. Melt the red candy melts next also checking and stirring the candy melts 30 seconds at a time.
6. Once this is melted, pour this over the second bowl of divided Chex and mix until coated.
7. In two gallon size ziplock bags, put ½ cup strawberry cake mix and ¼ cup powdered sugar in each bag.
8. Dump each bowl of Chex mix in each bag and shake until coated with the powdered sugar and strawberry powdered cake mix.
Chocolate and wine? count us in every time! This dynamic duo mixed in tiny and delicious truffle is the perfect way to end your valentine's day!
+ 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate , roughly chopped
+ 1/2 cup heavy cream
+ 4 tablespoons dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
+ 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
+ 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
+ 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
+ Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Place chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium high, just until it boils.
3. Pour hot cream directly into the bowl with chocolate, then add wine, powdered sugar, vanilla and espresso powder. Gently whisk the mixture together until chocolate is smooth and melted.
4. Cover bowl, then place it in refrigerator to set, 1 to 2 hours.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and dust cocoa powder into a wide plate or pie dish.
6. With a small scoop, melon baller, or spoon, scoop chocolate and form it into a ball, then it roll in cocoa powder. Place on baking sheet, then repeat with remaining chocolate.
7. Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes to set. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Yes, you read that correctly, the best of both worlds in one dessert. Delicious strawberries filled with light and creamy cheesecake..it’s a yes.
+ 1 pound large strawberries
+ 8 ounce block cream cheese , room temperature
+ 1/4 cup powdered sugar
+ 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry, leaving a nice hole to fill the strawberry with filling.
2. If the inside of your strawberry is not hollow you can use a small knife and clean out some of the inside. If you are using large strawberries they tend to be hollow in the middle.
3. Continue until all the strawberries have been prepped.
4. After the strawberries are prepped add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste to the bowl of a stand mixer.
5. Mix together until smooth and fully combined.
6. Add mixture to a piping bag and fill the inside of the strawberries until the filling reaches the top of the strawberry.
7. Dip the top of the strawberry in the graham crackers crumbs
These deliciously elegant desserts with be the crème de la crème of your Valentine's day festivities. Melt in your mouth chocolate with a touch of raspberry this dish is equal parts yummy and romantic!
+ 1/2 cup milk
+ 1/2 cup heavy cream
+ 2 large egg yolks
+ 1 vanilla bean
+ 1/4 cup raspberries
+ 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
+ 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Add chocolate baking chips to blender and pulse several times to break up into small pieces.
2. In a medium sized pot over medium heat, whisk together milk, heavy cream, egg yolks and split vanilla bean. Continue stirring over heat while pressing onto the vanilla bean to release as much flavor as possible until mixture starts to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Once it starts to coat the whisk and bottom of the pot, remove it from the heat. Discard vanilla bean pod.
4. Pour hot mixture into blender with chocolate pieces and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds to one minute.
5. Transfer chocolate mixture to desired serving dishes and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
6. Combine the raspberries, heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar in the blender until desired consistency is reached.
7. Transfer to a glass cup and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. To serve, spoon raspberry cream on top of pots de crème. Top with a Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions chocolate with your message of choice.
What is your go to dessert for special occasions? Let us know in the comment below!