2 DIY Hairstyles for Long Hair, from Jenny Strebe
Long hair, don't care
If you're like me, a year of lockdown has left your locks long and your style uninspired. It's hard not to just throw my hair in a pony and call it a day... every day. These two DIY tutorials from professional hairstylist (and Aiir Professional founder) Jenny Strebe couldn't have come at a better time. Bring a little glam to your mane for your next video call or for your first foray back into the real world with the two looks below:
The Look: Romantic, messy-but-elegant fishtail braid
How To Get the Look:
- Curl sections of hair using a 1-inch curling iron and finish with Flexible Hold Aiir Spray.
Pro tip: If your hair is resistant to curling, use Texture Mousse to help create hold and volume.
- Section out a triangle area on top of the head off the desired part. Create a side fishtail braid technique by pulling the hair in front of your shoulder and take one section of hair from one side and pull it over the other side. Repeat this technique until you get to the ends and secure with a hair elastic.
- Spray Texture AIIR on your braid and gently pull your sections out. Texture AIIR will give hair hold when you pull it out providing instant volume.
- Release the top triangle section. To glam it up a bit, take small horizontal sections and twist away from the face. Spray Texture AIIR to add fullness to the twisted sections. Then bobbi pin the sections straight into the braid.
The Look: Euphoric, glitter infused side-part
- 1-inch Curling Iron
- Flexible Hold Aiir Spray
How To Get the Look:
- Part your hair on the desired side. Create a severe side part for extra Holidaydrama!
- Take 1-2 inch sections of hair, using a -1inch curling iron and generously spray Flexible Hold Aiir Spray, point your 1-inch curling iron down and curl your sections away from the face.
- On the side that is opposite of where you are parting your hair, generously spray Flexible Hold Aiir spray while combing the hair down towards the nape. Once a large section is right behind the ear, bobbi pin the section tight to the head in a criss-cross-section.
- Use Flexible Hold Aiir Spray on the section. While the hairspray is still wet, lightly sprinkle glitter on the section.
Have you been experimenting with new hairstyles? Share your advice in the comments below.