17 Incredible Uses for Hairspray + Giveaway!
Hairspray is great for locking in amazing hairstyles, but did you know it can be used for in all sorts of different situations? Whether it is preserving clothing and flowers, or removing lint, this miracle spray can do it all.
And guess what?! Now it's your chance to try one of Pantene's new hairsprays! We're giving away over 20 bottles of Pantene's Airspray Flexible Hold Hairspray! Read on to see 17 unconventional and amazing uses for hairspray and be sure to check out the bottom of the article to learn how you could WIN your own bottle!
1. Fur Removal - We all love our furry friends, however we're not as enthusiastic about cleaning up pet hair around the house. If you spray a cloth with hairspray, it can be used to pick up pet fur from floors and furniture--easy peasy!
2. Shoe Polish Extender - After polishing your shoes give them a light spray of hairspray. The extra layer of protection keeps them looking brand new longer!
3. Remove Hair Color from Fabric - If you get non-chlorine hair dye on your shirt, soak the fabric in hairspray for awhile then wash as usual. The stain will be gone in a blink!
4. Eliminate Static Cling - Just like Static Guard, hairspray contains water and alcohol--ingredients that neutralize static electricity!
5. Threading Aid - Spray the tip of thread with a bit of hairspray to stiffen it before threading it through the eye of a needle.
6. Quick-Dry Nail Polish - Spray freshly painted nails with an aerosol hairspray from a foot away to lessen the amount of time spent drying nails!
7. Bug Killer - A quick spray of bug spray kills flies, mosquitoes and even bees! Better yet, it's less toxic than chemical bug sprays and just as effective.
8. Eyebrows on Fleek - Comb a bit of hairspray through your eyebrows to control rogue brows!
9. Glue Remover - Easily remove the sticky residue left over from peeling off labels by spraying it with hairspray, it'll take away all tackiness!
10. Wreath Preserver - Coat evergreen wreaths with hairspray to help the greenery last longer. The polymer found in hairspray locks in moisture keeping your wreath looking fresher, longer.
11. Sidewalk Chalk Sealant - Did your little one create a chalk masterpiece? Spray it down with hairspray to prevent smudging--this also works for chalk lines drawn during home improvement!
12. Recipe Card Protector - Give your index cards a couple coats of hairspray to protect from spills and splashes in the kitchen!
13. Cut Flower Life Extender - Similarly to the wreaths, spray the underside of cut flowers lightly with hairspray to help them lock in a moisture and last a few days longer!
14. Run Stopper - Just like clear nail polish, hairspray will stop a run on tights or pantyhose in its tracks! Hairspray can also be used to pretreat pantyhose and strengthen fibers--preventing runs in the first place!
15. Newspaper Strengthener - If you're using newspaper as gift wrap, spray the sheets with a few coats of hairspray to strengthen the paper, make colors pop and keep the ink from getting on your hands!
16. Glitterizer - Coat any item with hairspray, sprinkle on glitter, shake off excess sparkles and spray it again with hairspray to lock it in! It's the easiest way to add some sparkle to your life.
17. Lint Remover - If you don't have a lint roller on hand, spray a cloth with some hairspray and rub it over clothing. Just like the pet hair remover the lint will stick to the hairspray, leaving you lint free!
Do you have any alternative uses for hairspray or another beauty product? Share your secrets with us in the comments!
HOW TO WIN SOME PANTENE AIRSPRAY:
If you want to WIN one of the amazing, versatile, Pantene Airsprays? Share this article on Twitter telling us your favorite use for hairspray! Be sure to include the hashtags #HairsprayHack #contest in your tweet, you have until Thursday, February 25th to enter. Good luck y'all!