Whether you like your margaritas frozen or on the rocks, there's no end to the ways you can enjoy a margarita. If you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or spice it up, we've gathered some of the most mouthwatering recipes from around the web. Take a break from the traditional margarita and mix up something special with these yummy recipes. Read on to discover your new favorite drink:
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
+3/4 Cup tequila
+1/4 Cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
+2 1/2 Cups seedless watermelon, cubed.
+1/4 cup orange juice
1. Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even better)
2. Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like.
3. Pour into salt or sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Via: The Cookie Rookie
Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas
+2 fl. oz. Tequila
+2 fl. oz. Grapefruit juice
+2 fl. oz. Lime juice
+2 Jalapeño slices + more for serving
+1 fl. oz. Simple syrup
+1 to 2 Cups of ice
1. Place tequila into desired serving cup. Add in a couple of slices of jalapeños plus the seeds. Keep in mind the seeds are what makes it spicy adjust to get your desired amount of spice! Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes to infuse the tequila with the spice.
2. Add 1 to 2 cups of ice to a cocktail shaker and then pour in the infused tequila. Add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Give the shaker a good shake so that everything gets mixed together.
4. Serve over ice with fresh grapefruit slices, jalapeño slices, and a salty rim.
+3 Ounces tequila
+2 Ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
+1 Ounce simple syrup
+½ to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
+Fresh lime juice, to rim
+1 cup white sugar
+1 cup water
1. Make simple syrup: combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and cool.
2. Prepare your glass. Pour fresh lime juice in a shallow bowl or plate that's just large enough to dip your margarita glass in and pour a layer of kosher salt in another shallow bowl or plate.
3. Dip rim of glass in lime juice then in kosher salt, add ice.
4. Combine tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake vigorously.
5. Pour over ice into prepared glass and top with champagne--about 2-4 tablespoons
+5 Cups of ice, more depending on desired thickness
+1 Cup tequila
+1/2 Cup Grand Marnier
+1 Cup simple syrup
+4 Bottles of Corona beer , ice cold
+1/3 Cup coarse salt
+More limes for garnish
1. Place limes and the orange–which should be at room temperature–on the counter and roll them with your hand, back and forth, while applying pressure.
2. Juice the limes and the orange in a large measuring cup, then add the tequila, Grand Marnier, and simple syrup and mix together.
3. Add a cup of ice to the blender and just enough of the margarita mixture so that the ice is not covered. Blend, adding more ice or margarita mix until the desired thickness is achieved.
4. Pour the frozen margarita into a salt-rimmed glass. Open a Corona, and place it upside down in the glass, submerging it into the margarita. Repeat for each glass.
Blackberry Lime Margaritas
+1 Cup sugar
+1 Cup water
+1 Cup blackberries
+1/2 Cup blackberry simple syrup
+4-5 Drops lime essential oil (2 tablespoons lime juice may be substituted)
+2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
+8 Ounces Grand Marnier
+8 Ounces good-quality tequila
1. Combine the sugar, water and blackberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, breaking the blackberries up with the back of a spoon.
2. Strain the syrup through a mesh strainer into a bowl and let chill until you are ready to use.
3. To a cocktail shaker, add the blackberry simple syrup, lime essential oil, lime juice, Grand Marnier and tequila.
4. Shake vigorously and then pour into salt rimmed glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges and blackberries.
+2 Ounces Grand Marnier
+1 1/2 Ounces tequila
+2 Ounces lime juice
+2 1/2 Ounces kiwi simple syrup [recipe below]
+Lime + fresh kiwi or kiwi berries for garnish
+Coarse salt for the rim
+4 Kiwi fruit, peeled
+1/2 Cup sugar
+1/2 Cup water
Create Kiwi Simple Syrup
1. Add the kiwi fruit to a food processor and blend until pureed.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
3. Once cool, add it to the food processor with the kiwi and blend until you have kiwi syrup! This can be stored in the fridge, sealed well, for a week or so.
1. Fill the glass with ice
2. combine the tequila, Gand Marnier, kiwi simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few kiwi berries or kiwi chunks.
3. kiwi simple syrup
Frozen Blueberry Margarita
+2/3 Cup frozen blueberries blueberries
+1/3 Cup silver tequila
+2 tbsp Triple sec
+1/4 Cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
+1 to 2 tbsp agave syrup
+Ice, as much as you want
1. Add all of the ingredients into the blender, and blend until the ice is crushed
2. Rub agave around the rims of your glasses, and dip in the salt.
3. Pour the margaritas into the glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Skinny Spicy Margarita
+Juice from half a lime (or more to taste)
+Agave syrup to taste
+Splash of Orange Juice
+1/2 a Cucumber
+1/2 a Jalapeño
1. Add alcohol, lime, agave, orange juice and cucumbers to a blender, and blend until very smooth
2. While blending, coat the rim of your glass with lime & dip in mixture of chili powder/sea salt.
3. Muddle Jalapeños into shaker (to desired heat/or just muddle straight into the glass instead),
4. Strain mixture from blender into cocktail shaker.
5. Add ice & shake vigorously to combine. Strain margarita into chili powder & sea salt rimmed glass.
100 Calorie Coconut Margarita
+Your favorite tequila
1. Fill your glass with crushed ice
2. Add a 1.5oz. shot of tequila
3. Add the juice of 1/2 lime
4. Add 3oz. of Bai5
5. Top off with sparkling water
Fresh Peach Margarita
+6 Ripe peaches, cut in half, pitted, and peeled
+1/4 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice
+3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
+1 Cup Tequila
+1/2 Cup fresh lime juice
+1/2 Cup Triple Sec
+1 Lime, cut into wedges
1. Peel and pit the fresh peaches.
2. Combine the peaches, orange juice and sugar in the body of a blender; pulse until completely smooth.
3. Combine peach puree with the tequila lime juice and triple sec and stir well.
4. Pour in glasses with desired ice amount and serve
We are obsessing over these delicious and simple margarita recipes! Just add chips and guacamole and there will be smiles all around!
What is your favorite way to make a Margarita? Will you be trying one of our recipes from above? Let us know in the comments below