BY VIRGIN #9 in Airlines

Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel. The Virgin America experience is unlike any other in the skies, featuring mood-lit cabins with WiFi, custom-designed leather seats, power outlets, and a video touch-screen at every seatback offering guests on-demand menus and countless entertainment options.

Since launching in August 2007, Virgin America has captured a host of travel industry best-in-class awards, including: “Best Domestic Airline” in both Condé Nast Traveler’s  Reader’s Choice Awards Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for the past eight consecutive years.

• Who else suddenly wants to join the mile high club?2 Answers
  • Do they still offer free wifi during Christmas time? 6 Answers
  • I've never flown with Virgin America. How do they compare to Unit...2 Answers
Virgin America
  • "The prices from LAX to SFO are always reasonable and the customer service and tech amenities are better than any of the other airlines! " in 30 reviews
  • "The mood lighting is great and give the flight a nice ambiance with its hues of purple and blues, the flight attendants are attentive." in 17 reviews
  • "Currently, my favorite airline and go to website for finding cheap flights to and from LA to Chicago!" in 13 reviews
  • "I like that they tried to be different with their safety video, which is a lot more entertaining than the standard safety speeches with other airlines." in 11 reviews
  • "We appreciate the great in-flight entertainment options and the general aesthetic and commitment to progress we feel the company is dedicated to." in 9 reviews
Michaela R.
Patoka, IL
My worst airline experience was from a Los Angeles to Chicago flight. The staff in Los Angeles was amazing and helped me get two over weight suitcases checked for the price of one which meant the world to me beacause I did not have $100 to pay the extra fees and would have had to leave a suitcase behind while I moved across the country. They have an excellent pet policy and my yorkie was able to sit in her soft case carrier on my lap versus the hard case under the seat like most other airline policies. I would give the Los Angeles Virgin staff 5 stars. My arrival to Chicago however was an insulting nightmare. One of my suitcases that weighed 80lbs had it's wheels broken off and a large hole ripped into it during the hustle of transporting it. When I went to collect it I couldn't budge it. When I asked if there was someone who could at least help me get it to the airports city train I was told no that they were not responsible for it and that my suitcase was probably already broken anyway. I had just bought the suitcase the day before and it was literally brand new. The attendant argued with me that it didn't look new and asked me to take everything out to see of the wheels could be fixed somehow. So I emptied 80lbs of content he looked at it then told me I couldn't just have all my stuff out like that I needed to get out of the way despite the face that he asked me to empty it and he called security to have me, my dog, a carry on and two checked suitcases that weighed nearly 150 lbs together kicked out. A mom and daughter who witnessed the entire thing came to my rescue and helped me get my stuff into the train under the condition that I promised them I would never fly Virgin again and 3 years later despite flying rougly 4 times a month for work I have not once used Virgin Airlines.
Mary S.
Anaheim, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Absolutely love this airline! I have been flying Virgin America for the past 7 years and I love them for several reasons. They are such a modern airline and have the best customer service ever. I love that you can watch tv while flying, the leather seats are comfortable and they have set the bar for other airlines. The flight attendants all look fabulous in their uniforms, Love!! It just goes to show people will pay extra for comfort and I do. Even if I’m flying economy it’s still a great comfortable flight. I especially love their mood lighting. I usually fly to the east coast with them and I will always take a morning flight out of LA and I tend to come back in the evening from the east coast and I look forward to the mood lighting. It’s relaxing and allows you to nap even if it’s you can’t sleep like me I can always catch a few zzz’s when I fly virgin. Love them!
Majel R.
Lancaster, CA
I hate to give a review on one experience, but here it goes.  I flew from Florida to California after a 3 week cruise.  I paid extra for a larger seat
( business area)  I had to pay extra for my luggage, but really wanted the larger seat area, tv, etc to have during my long flight.  The seat was in fact larger, but the tv never worked.  I asked for help and they kept telling me they needed to reset it.  They reset it every hour for the whole flight.  This flight was not nearly full.  There were lots of seats in my area as well that were empty.  They never offered to move me.  Never really wanted to help
The seat I purchased was supposed to have on screen ordering of food and drink before the rest of the plane and even before take off.  We left very early and I also wanted this for the convenience of eating breakfast  I did not get this service.  In fact was ignored until most of the plane had been helped.  I would not recommend this airline to anyone unless you get the cheapest seats and don't expect anything special.  I just feel that if you pay for the experience and luxury, you should get it.  Our travel friends got first class and the same thing for them.  Plus the seats were broke and wouldn't go back, so they paid for a bed and got an upright chair! Very bad business and customer service
Krishna P.
Richmond, VA
good service, nice flight attendents. Will definitely travel again with this airline. the flight was delayed the crow took the seats at the back to sleep and they were very aggressive.. I had a baby on lap and there was spots empty but passengers the don’t let you set beside them because each of them wants to use the seat beside him to sleep each time I ask to change flight date the said it’s not same level and you have to pay e tea although I paid warranty !! I will never think about booking on royal Jordanianon my way back I had a sever stomach pain and they said they Can’t open the first aid kit or give me anything if it’s not life threatening!!!!
Charissa M.
Burlingame, CA
Virgin has been my go-to airline for my travels for a long time. It’s a nice comfortable, experience and obviously the ambient lighting is awesome. They also have a safety video that you actually want to watch. Their flight attendants are pleasant though not the best. I know we probably don’t pay that much to fly Virgin but I’ve noticed that they will be perky when you board, kind of more like a robot when you’re in flight, and then perky again when you de-board. Some can even lack in being genuinely nice - hence, the robot comment. It’s weird. But it’s not noticeable unless you’re in the habit of analyzing interactions with people in service industries.
Kelly M.
Celebration, FL
Only flew them once on a round trip to LA from Orlando, and was generally thrilled with the experience. Feel it’s a little pricey and only flew them once due to the deal I got, but would fly them again if I came across a deal like that again. The only downside was you have to pay for snacks. I didn’t know that going in, and hadn’t eaten right before my flight. By the time I got into LA, I was ready to gnaw my own arm off, but beyond that, I can’t complain about the experience. Flight times are a little inconvenient as they only do one trip a day from LA to Orlando and back, but otherwise would consider them for other trips.
Candace H.
Diamond Bar, CA
For domestic flights i now fly virgin America exclusively. While i know it sounds lame, the planes are just cool! The vibe inside is really fun and modern and pretty. The seats are comfortable, i love that i can order food or drink whenever i want during the flight and the in flight entertainment is unbeatable. I’m always super comfortable on my flights and the prices are really great as far as I’m concerned. The customer service is also great. I️ don’t fly any other airline within the US.
Shana C.
Naperville, IL
I have only flown Virgin on one round trip but I was very impressed! We were held up at security with TSA taking a long time inspecting our stroller and literally got to the gate as it closed. A gate agent at a nearby desk for another Virgin flight called our plane and the attendants came running up the ramp and quickly checked us in and got us on the flight. I was extremely grateful, especially because I was traveling with a toddler and 6 week old infant. 5 stars!!
Chloe W.
Dallas
I really really like this airline!! They are my go to airline for traveling and they are great every time I choose their airline. The flight attendants are very kind and make sure that your needs are met. They treat you just like you’re first class which is awesomeee. I think my one problem is I just wish they had a slightly bigger food selection on board *lol* ik I’m such a foodie even when it comes to airplanes. Definitely recommend for your next trip!
Teresa N.
It was my first time taking Virgin America from LAX to JFK. Prices are reasonable and customer service was amazing online and on the flight. When entering the plane, I was pleasantly surprised by the bluish purple mood lighting which gave the flight a nice ambiance. I love the ordering option from your seat! I get dehydrated often on the plane and I could just order water to come ASAP. Definitely will consider them again for domestic flights.
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Ive heard great things from Virgin. Is customer service good?
Violet T.
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone use onboard chat??
Leanne B.
Windermere, FL
Does Virgin America offer free alcohol like Virgin Atlantic does?
Nicole C.
Mullins, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've never flown Virgin Airlines… Are they as impossibly cool as they look on television?
Geo K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How is this airline compared to Jet Blue??