BY URBAN DECAY #8 in Eyeshadow Palettes

This long, lean, and seductive case is packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. The shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal in a variety of textures, including glitter, shimmer, and matte. This versatile palette can take eyes from work to evening looks. The mirrored case also features a professional-quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush for effortless application.

• I've always wanted to try the Naked palette but never have becaus...823 Answers
  • I am a beginner and I don't apply eyeshadows very frequently. Do ...147 Answers
  • Who loves it:)331 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i really love urban decay makeup ive used it for a long time and its great its easy to apply and i love the colors i wear makeup just about everyday and i love this product " in 336 reviews
  • "The shadows are high quality, very easy to blend, have little to no fallout, and are long lasting especially when used with a primer or cream shadow base." in 333 reviews
  • "It contains gorgeous, super pigmented colors that are buttery smooth, blend beautifully and are perfect for all eye colors and skin tones." in 329 reviews
  • "I use it because it has all the basic colors to make an everyday makeup, but also allows you to create different looks for the night ime as well." in 312 reviews
  • "Not only are there 3 different palettes, plus travel versions, there are many different combinations of color choices too." in 307 reviews
Emily W.
haubstadt
Been a longtime fan of UD eyeshadows and I own all of the BOS' but as much as I love color, I've always wanted a neutral set. Prior to this, I had single pans of various brands and neutral colors. This is so convenient to travel with. The colors even without the primer are so pigmented, even on my golden olive skintone. They're easily blended. What I love most about this set is that it's flattering on many different skintones (I've owned this for months and my friends would use it). This is the ideal palette to have if you're on-the-go because you can create office-appropriate looks and sexy date looks all with this palette. The liners are pigmented and glide on. They last forever too. This is a great gift to give a makeup beginner or any makeup lover in general. Btw: for those wondering about the replacement palettes: UD said this on their FB page: "We had problems getting Naked. But now we've got it handled. Here's the deal: We couldn't make 24/7 pencils fast enough to fill all the Naked Palettes our UDers wanted. We're replacing the pencil with a full-sized Good Karma Shadow Brush so we can keep getting you Naked. Yeah, it's a couple bucks more - $48 - but i...t's a $26 brush and really amazing." -took them awhile, but they finally explained the price difference. UD also addressed their messed up palettes to a FB fan comment: "These palettes are NOT used. It's completely against Sephora and our policies to sell used items. To meet the demand for the Naked Palette, our supplier has been rushing to produce as many as possible.. sometimes, the eyeshadow pa...ns require extra pressing - so the smudging is a result of this. The workers always wear gloves and this does not compromise the quality of our shadows."- They should release an official statement because their poor production practices reflect badly on Sephora, just a thought
Juniper S.
Okay. I'm going to start this off by saying yes, it will work differently for every person. This is just my experience. I use this pretty often because I have yet to go get a new palette. If I wear any of the shades on a normal day, it barely lasts me 3 hours. I do not have oily or dry eyelids, they're pretty normal. When I get home and look in a mirror all of the eyeshadow has worn off except for some near the roots of my lashes, it looks as if I have on sparkly eyeliner or something. Also, when I'm applying it, there is an unnecessary amount of fallout. I've tried primers and everything and nothing helps it. I can't believe how excited I was when I first got it. From all of the good reviews, I thought it would be some miracle palette. I gave it an extra star because the colors are pretty, especially toasted which is my favorite. In the end, I wouldn't recommend it, but you'll have to try it out yourself. From my perspective, it's not worth the money.
Bianca W.
Red Bluff
This palette is absolutely fool proof and something you could give most anyone who loves to be dolled up. It has beautiful colors, the shadows are very smooth, and you can compliment any skin or eye color. I can't say enough good things about it. The packaging is beautiful, and it comes with a very high quality brush. I recommend purchasing the eye primer to make your look last all day. This is my most favorite go to shadow palette. You know I love it if I chose to wear it on my wedding day.
Krissy L.
Fairburn, GA
I've been a fan of urban decay for a few years, but I think this is my favorite eyeshadow palettes from the Naked line. I love the blend of light to dark and neutral to color. My favorite color is the "Sidecar." It's a simple pink that makes a beautiful difference. The only thing I didn't like about the palette is that if I want the color to be more pronounced,  I have to make sure I put on more concealer and eyeshadow than usual and sometimes it still isn't as visible as I'd like. Aside from that, I would definitely recommend this product, especially for a natural look!
Jennifer M.
I have to say, this is the first UD eyeshadow I have ever purchased. I usually only use bargain store make up, so this was a huge purchase for me. But I have to say, it was well worth the money! For someone who doesn't like to wear a lot of make up, and just wanting to keep the natural look, this palette is perfect! I loved that it went on really even and blended really well. It lasted all day. The colors are extremely pigmented. There was a great selection of base, lid and crease colors in different finishes. I think from now on I will be splurging and spending a little more money on Urban Decay eyeshadow products.
Chandler M.
Delray Beach, FL
When I think back to first eye shadow pallets, the Naked palette by Urban Decay is definitely number one ! The palette contains gorgeous neutral colors that can opt for a more natural looking daytime wear . All the while being easily buildable for an evening look as well ! However, one of the only difficulties I found with the Naked palette by Urban Decay, is the intensity of the pigments are not as strong as I have found in other palettes; meaning you use more for the same look you are trying to achieve with say with deeper pigmented pallets . Because of this, I found myself running out of my favorites far more often than other shadows I've used ! Also an eyelid primer is absolutely necessary when using ! With all this said, I will continue to purchase and use the Naked palette by Urban Decay bc as stated previously, it truly has some of the best day to night colors I cannot live without !
member-262b9
This was the first higher-end palette that I've bought, and over the years I've bought many other palettes, but the naked palette is definitely the one that I go back to. Compared to the Lorac Pro, I prefer this more just because the colors are very easy to control and blend. Sometimes the lorac pro would be too buttery and I would accidentally pick up too much product. In addition, there are more mid-tone shades compared to the lorac pro, which flatters my skin and eye color. Personally for my everyday makeup, I would use buck and naked on the outer crease, darken the outer crease even more with darkhorse, and use my ring finger to pat sin all over the eyelid. The only downfall of this palette is that it does not include a matte highlight shade, which I felt could compliment the palette very well. Overall, this is a palette that I have been religiously using, and I hadn't even hit pan! Great value, and I would recommend this to anyone who is starting out with makeup and don't know what to invest in!
Viveca C.
I think this is the best palette out of the Naked series. It's definitely for a more dramatic effect, rather than neutral.

The palette comes with 2 matte colours. At first, it was fine, but after a long while, I realized that I didn't want to have shimmery eyeshadow anymore, and that's when I turned to the Tarte palettes (Tartelette in Bloom to be specific).

While the colours are beautiful in this palette, it's great for going out at night. You can create a plethora of looks. It's a great starter palette for anyone looking to get into makeup.

It's lasted me for around 3 years now, and I'm barely done! Love how long lasting this palette is because you don't need a lot to create a great look. It's pigmented. And love the brush that comes with it.
Em W.
Oakland, CA
The original Urban Decay Naked Palette is a cult favorite of beauty junkies, so I was super excited to try this one out. It’s a high quality eyeshadow palette with some glittery beigish pink and gold shades, nude browns and whites, and smoky purple and grays.
The eyeshadow in this palette is buttery, and easy to apply since a brush is included in it. I would say that it’s pretty long-lasting, but multiple coats of eyeshadow are necessary for the lighter colors if you want them to be visible. The shades Sin, Sidecar, Half Baked, and Virgin all need to be applied more than once.
I don’t wear these eyeshadows a lot because I have found that the glitter in most of the hues makes it hard to match my makeup with my outfit. Additionally, many of the colors are too dark for my pale skin.
Though it doesn’t really work for me, I would recommend the Naked Palette for sure!! It just looks better on people who are tan or have darker skin. I don’t like my style to stand out too much, but I know some people love that, and this is the palette for them.
Ella F.
Flagstaff
I have always loved all of the NAKED palettes, and my first two were this one and the smokey palette. I recommend entirely for beginners AND pros! A little pricey, but not expensive by any means when compared to other high end makeup palettes. It comes in a variety of shades, and has an excellent mix of shimmers and mattes that go with most skin tones and almost all peachy lip colors. It blends well, although some of the darker tones you have to build up a bit to get the pigmentation that you want. And, as with all the NAKED palettes, I found it a little crumbly and had a bit of fallout. So definitely do your eye before your skin with this product, but all around I LOVED it!
lacey m.
caldwell, ID
I've always wanted to try the Naked palette but never have because of the price. Is it really worth the cost?
Caroline S.
Brooklyn, NY
Which would you prefer? Naked or Naked 2? ;)
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Who loves it:)
Janine S.
White Plains, NY
Who is dying for a NAKED 3!?!?!
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
I don't own a Naked Palette from Urban Decay. This is a palette that I pretty much am willing to buy, it's a bit pricey though. I've heard amazing things about it, I went to Sephora and Ulta and compared each palette side by side, I'm stuck on which one to get! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?!