BY URBAN DECAY

Sexy, twinkling sparkle with a ton of depth and movement. Get ready to send your glitter addiction into overdrive with eight otherworldly NEW shades of planet Earth’s sparkliest shadow in our first-ever Moondust Eyeshadow Palette.

Found exclusively in this anniversary palette, our most vibrant Moondust shades yet will stoke your deep love affair with sparkle. Each shadow is dazzlingly sparkly, but with a super-refined, incredibly sophisticated feel (and not a single speck of chunky glitter). We lace every shade of Moondust Eyeshadow with microfine bits of sparkle and lush 3-D metallics—for a luxurious, diamond-like effect.

Moondust has been our most-requested palette ever since we first launched this amazing formula. And this palette takes the vibrancy of Moondust to the next level. Experiment with never-before-seen shades like Lightyear (a vivid, saturated green) and Galaxy (the perfect smoky, sparkly blue-gray).

We went all out on the sparkly gunmetal case. As mesmerizing as the shades inside, it features a mirrored cutout “Moondust” logo. A full-size mirror makes it easy to indulge your glitter obsession on the go.

What you get:

Specter (soft pink with tonal sparkle), Element (peach with pink shift and sparkle), Magnetic (purple with blue sparkle), Lightyear (vibrant green with tonal sparkle), Granite (black with multicolored sparkle), Lithium (brown with iridescent 3-D sparkle), Vega (bright blue with tonal sparkle), and Galaxy (smoky blue-gray with iridescent 3-D sparkle).

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

ELEMENT Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

GALAXY Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Talc, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

GRANITE Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Talc, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

LIGHTYEAR Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Silica, Alumina, Talc, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

LITHIUM Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isododecane, Talc, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

MAGNETIC Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

SPECTER Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Talc, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

VEGA Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Talc, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide.

All Shades May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)] CI 75470 (Carmine)

• What its your favorite glitter color?8 Answers
  • What is your ride or die eyeshadow palette? Right now mine is the...4 Answers
  • What's the best way to apply them? Is the nyx glitter glue good f...2 Answers
ashlee w.
Sephora was having an online sale on the Moondust palette for half off, which I couldn't pass up. I had been eyeing this eye shadow for quite some time and was ecstatic to get such a great deal on it. You do need another product to have it work properly, which is glitter glue! Thankfully I already gotten this advice from a beauty guru on YouTube. The shadows themselves go on beautifully, and HIGHLY pigmented. I suggest a finger over a standard eye shadow brush because you get way more payoff that way. Getting it so close to Christmas, and it having such lovely greens I was able to come up with some very festive looks! Highly recommend if you like glittery, pigmented eye shadows.
Rose T.
Scranton, PA
This palette is simply magic , I love the slight color shifting abilities some of the shades have. The pigment is good, way better applied wet. Some of the colors work better over another color instead of by theirself. The only downfalls are how fast this pallete hits pan and that you need to be careful using it, If you use your fingers and press down too hard you might break apart the pressed pigment slightly. My fave color is galaxy, Its very beautiful and the color shift from grayish black to bluish teal is beautiful . I added a picture to my review of galaxy being worn over the color Decadent from the too faced chocolate gold bar pallete.
Katelyn T.
Glitter addict here. I got this palette when it came out, because I couldn’t resist. Because UD is pricey, you should be aware that this palette will probably be one that you only reach for occasionally. It works best if you spritz your brush with a setting spray or even wet it with water before applying. If you do so, you will have a very vibrant color pay off. I personally find the darker shades hard to use, but the brighter colors are fantastic. To be honest though, this is my least used palette as UD Heavy Metals has taken its place for my glitter looks. But I do think it’s a good quality and is fun to use. If you need help figuring out what to do with it, you should look up tutorials on YouTube.
Nicole M.
Fayetteville, NC
I love this pallet. It was just what I needed when I was learning how to work glitter into my looks. They are bright, vivid, and they stick pretty well. I still would recommend using a shadow primer to really get the glitter to stick. This was my first glitter pallet and I still use it now that I’m more experienced with makeup. This was purchased at Ulta after I found myself drooling over the swatches I pulled from the tester pallet. Definitely worth the price Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette
Sarah H.
Love Urban Decay! They are coming out with new pallets so fast it’s hard to keep up with! This pallet is great for night looks. Hardly any fallout, great pigments, vibrancy, and sparkle! I doubt I will buy it again unless it’s a gift. Not because of the pallet, because I have so much I probably won’t use it up before it expires and they already have several new releases on my “to buy” list!
Ms. S.
Chicago , IL
I wanted this pallet for far to long! Originally priced at $50 I snagged this beauty for $24.50 at Sephora! I absolutely crushed on this for months then fell in Love with it as soon as it came in! I so recommend this product! It does have a little bit of fall out bc of the glitter so glitter glue for sure! This glitter is on a new level though! I mean the color pay off and the shine omg! 😍😍😍😍😍 I love u fenty beauty but this palette throws galaxy palette out of the water 😬
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
This is my first (and probably only) glitter palette, and warned by other reviews, I dampened my brush with setting spray to help get them to stick. Between that and applying them over regular shadow, however, the colors came out much darker and muddier than expected. The setting spray did help them "stick" though, so my current disappointment may just be me needing to play with them a bit. They are pigmented and oh so pretty in the pan; I just need to learn how to use them, I think. I may be updating this review at a later date. Much later since I don't see them being every day shadows (which I knew when I ordered them).

ETA: One thing I've learned that helps is layering. Let one layer dry, then add another. The gold and silver are still disappointingly dark, but the other colors show up better and brighten with additional layers.

ETA2: After trying a few more times, I give up. I'm returning it. It shouldn't require so much work to make a shadow do what it's supposed to do.
Alexis K.
Lewisville, TX
My sister bought the Urban Decay Moon Dust Palette at Ulta so, obviously I had to borrow it. The colors are very pigmented. She likes to use the colors as is where as I like to use a similar palette of matte colors and then add the Moon Dust glitter on top. The good thing about this palette is you are able to do both. You can be super colorful by adding two layers or just a little sparkly by gently dabbing the eyeshadow to your lid.
Julie C.
Madison
Don’t let anyone tell you this palette has a lack of pigment. It is rich, lasting pigment with minimal fall off. The key is knowing how to apply it. Wet your fingers and blend it when it dries with an eyeshadow brush. Urban Decay gives these instructions as well. I love 💕 glitter eyeshadow so much, but finding an awesome one is nearly impossible. I found it and it is Moondust. Follow those instructions and you will be instantly hooked!
Michelle G.
I bought this on Sephora when it was 50% off and I do not regret it.  I had been contemplating this purchase ever since it came out but could never decide whether or not to get it.  The first time I used this palette I was impressed and got a lot of compliments on my eye makeup.  I was scared that I would have glitter all over my face by  the end of the day or that it would be creased but it stayed in place all day.  The only color I struggle with is the purple because it just doesn't show up on my skin very much but I love all of the other colors.  I use this palette with my finger and there is some fallout which is easily wiped away except for a few specks of glitter than refuse to leave.  I don't find this palette hard to use but it can get a little messy.  I would buy this palette again.
Ashley P.
Lodi, CA
Hi, I purchased this pallet a few weeks ago and have found the glitter doesn't stay on my lid well. Any advice or recommended products that will help keep the glitter and pigment better? I want to love this and know it had potential but maybe I'm missing something in my shadow routine. Help!
Illiana V.
Is there a lot of fallout once it's on the lids? Even if you use a primer?
Danielle B.
Columbia, SC
I bought this palette and I absolutely love it! However, I wanted to know if there is anything you all use to make the colors more vibrant and less sheer? I noticed they are more of a 'pressed glitter' type of eyeshadow.
Elexis C.
I've been eyeing this one, is it really worth $50? The electric I got on sale but hesitant to pay $50 for eye shadow
Emily C.
Reading , PA
This pallet is worth it? For the price I really wants to know how pigment please let me know