Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

This is a thick, smooth, buttery, body cream that's made with pure coconut oil and other natural, skin-soothing ingredients, like aloe vera, shea butter and vitamin E. It absorbs into your skin very quickly, and doesn't leave it feeling oily. So whether you have eczema, dry skin or just like to keep your skin feeling soft and fresh, our Coconut Body Butter is healing, gentle, and restorative.

We've seen similar products, made with similar ingredients, for as much as $20 in specialty stores. At Trader Joe's, we're selling Coconut Body Butter in an eight ounce jar for the very excellent price of $4.99. Now that's a value!

• My skin is oily/combination but really leaning to oily. Recently ...2 Answers
  • Does this leave your skin feeling oily?6 Answers
  • How will does it work? Ive been lookfor a body lotion or anything...2 Answers
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
You’re probably not thinking of buying beauty products when you go to Trader Joe’s, because it’s a grocery store first and foremost. But if that’s the case, you’re really missing out,.... Because this little jar of goodness smells AMAZING and makes your skin SO smooth!

This body butter has a whipped texture that melts into your skin and eliminates any and all dry patches. It’s got the most decadent coconut fragrance that makes you feel like you’re on a tropical island,... And this jar lasts forever, because you only need a small amount for your skin. Best of all, TJ sells it for an affordable price that doesn’t make your wallet cry!

5 / 5 stars, definitely recommend!
Brin D.
Concord, CA
Wow, this stuff is magic. I have struggled with dry skin on my body for a long time, and am super picky with lotions-I’ve put up with a lot of not great lotions thinking they were “the one”! I received the warm vanilla version of this as a gift at Christmas, and just finished it-that’s about 3 months of generous daily use! This is he only cream I’ve used that hasn’t left me feeling greasy or sticky-it leaves me feeling super hydrated, but sinks in quick enough for me to still able to pull my jeans on. I just picked up the original coconut version, and was nervous because I don’t care much for tropical/coconut scents-this fear was quickly quelled as I took a whiff of the delicious, coconut cookie-smelling cream. I’m delighted that this cream is thick, rich, has a lovely (and pretty darn lasting) scent, and comes at a STEAL of a price. I seriously can not recommend this stuff enough! Holy grail!
Nicole G.
Kansas City , MO
I’m a true sucker for anything seasonal or limited edition so Trader Joe’s is a great place to go for spending money. I saw this appear on the new item rack and had to give it a try. Now this is a staple for us. The jar actually lives in our living room in case we need a little hand hydration. Even my boyfriend likes to use this because the scent isn’t super feminine!
Claire D.
Draper, UT
OBSESSED! This is the best moisturizing product I've ever used. The scent it so light and the cream does not leave your skin feeling greasy or oily. It's perfect for dry skin and the price is incredible. I went through one of these in less than a month.... oops. I now keep my cupboard stocked.
Isadora L.
This is my new favorite body butter! The smell isn't overpowering and there's a hint of vanilla in it. It's thick but isn't overly greasy. This winter my hands have been pretty dry but after applying this every night my hands are smooth again.
I also purchased the vanilla and pomegranate body butters because I love it so much
Jennifer D.
I would have never dreamed that I would find one of my favorite lotions at Trader Joe’s but this body butter is amazing. It smells delicious and feels like a high end cream. And it is dirt cheap so I don’t get upset if my kids get into it and use a lot.
Lacey A.
Athens , TN
I love this body butter..very moisturizing..not sticky or greasy..great smelling..not overpowering..I also love the pumpkin scent for the Fall and Winter seasons..very affordable..I would repurchase this and the other scents also
Jordan G.
Davie, FL
This body butter is alright. It’s very thick and I’ve never used body butter so i don’t know if this is how they all are. It can be hard to spread sometimes. It smells really good though and the packaging is nice
Alison B.
This stuff smells so good, like coconut vanilla. It is very thick and comes in a good quality tub. It is a nice thick moisturizer for the body and the smell lasts. Very affordable
Caitlin B.
Atlanta, GA
This body butter is a great product. It's super moisturizing without being sticky or gross. I put it on my legs after I shower. I have super dry skin, especially in the winter, so a thick moisturizing body butter like this one is perfect for me. It's affordable and found at Trader Joe's. I would definitely recommend it.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this have a very strong coconut smell?
V E.
How expensive is this product?
Katie T.
Farmingdale, NY
Does this leave your skin feeling oily?
VE1048127 Karen R.
Doral, FL
I want to try the coconut body butter! This product it is not too oily? Because I have dry skin, but I don't want something that leave my skin very oily.
Nikole D.
Mesa, AZ
Is this okay to use in children?